FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Found a good site or want to plug your own? For regulars only.
Red Bull lock out front row in Indian Grand Prix qualifying

Championship leader Sebastian Vettel leads Mark Webber in a Red Bull 1 – 2 in qualifying for the Indian Grand Prix, followed two by two by McLaren’s Lewis Hamilton and Jenson Button and Ferrari’s Fernando Alonso and Felipe Massa with just over 1/2 second separating the top six.

Continue Reading...

Vettel claims fourth consecutive race victory in India

Red Bull’s Sebastian Vettel claimed his fifth race victory of the 2012 season while also celebrating passing 200 consecutive laps leading a race. Title rival, Ferrari’s Fernando Alonso overhauled the second Red Bull of Mark Webber, who was suffering from another KERS failure for second place as the race came to a close to keep his title hopes alive, the Spaniard is now 13 points behind Vettel.

Continue Reading...
Lewis Hamilton takes dominant Abu Dhabi pole!

Lewis Hamilton claimed pole position at Yas Marina for tomorrow’s Abu Dhabi grand prix by 3 1/2 tenths from Mark Webber and 4 1/2 tenths from championship leader Sebastian Vettel. While Vettel’s championship rival Fernando Alonso could only manage seventh on the grid, nearly a second off the pole time of Hamilton, while the Briton’s team mate, Jenson Button is stuck back down in sixth place, almost seven tenths of second off Hamilton, I’m very disappointed with Jenson!

Continue Reading...
Raikkonen wins Abu Dhabi GP as Hamilton suffers another technical failure!

Lotus’ Kimi Raikkonen won his first Grand Prix since his return to the F1 fold at the Abu Dhabi Grand Prix as Lewis Hamilton suffered a fuel pump failure. While Sebastian Vettel rode his luck to salvage a podium after being demoted to the back of the grid after a fuel irregularity during qualifying.

Continue Reading...
Lewis Hamilton wins inaugural US Grand Prix in Austin, TX!

Lewis Hamilton won the inaugural United States Grand Prix at the Circuit of the Americas ahead of Sebastian Vettel and the German’s title rival Fernando Alonso. Hamilton, who started alongside the German on the grid, used Vettel getting held up by Narain Karthikeyan throught the ‘S’ curves to maximum effect, closing upto Vettel’s gearbox and using DRS to pass the German into turn 12.

Continue Reading...
Lewis Hamilton leads McLaren 1 – 2 in Interlagos Qualifying

Lewis Hamilton claimed pole position for tomorrow’s Brazilian Grand Prix in his final race for McLaren, just 500ths of a second ahead of team mate Jenson Button. Both Red Bull’s start on the second row; Mark Webber edging out championship favourite Sebastian Vettel by almost two tenths of a second while Vettel’s championship rival Fernando Alonso starts from seventh after Williams’ Pastor Maldonado was demoted 10 places for missing a call to the weighbridge after qualifying.

Continue Reading...

Vettel takes drivers title as Button wins dramatic Brazilian Grand Prix

Red Bull’s Sebastian Vettel becomes three time world drivers champion by taking sixth place in a great comeback drive after dropping to the back of the field in turn four of the first lap after turning in on Brazilian Bruno Senna sending the German into a spin, sustaining major damage on the left side of the car, which Red Bull managed by changing engine maps to reduce exhaust heat!

Continue Reading...
Bernie Ecclestone claims “there’s still too many teams in F1″

Formula 1 commercial rights holder Bernie Ecclestone has been flapping his lips again; this time; the 82 years old is claiming that F1 still has too many teams despite the departure of HRT, who failed to lodge an entry in time for financial reasons. Basically this is because; under the new Concorde Agreement; there would have to be 10 teams or less to trigger a clause which will allow teams to run three cars, which of course suits Ferrari; Bernie is pandering to Maranello & di Montezemolo again!

Continue Reading...
Formula One Movers & Shakers 2013

It’s been a long closed season but the new season is just two weeks away, testing is firmly underway; but that is not what I am going to talk about as anyone who knows anything about F1 knows that pre-season testing rarely has any relation to form when the Australian GP rolls around.

Continue Reading...
Lotus’ Kimi Raikkonen wins season opener in Melbourne!

2007 world champion Kimi Raikkonen won the 2013 Australian Grand Prix from seventh on the grid by managing his tyres while being able to keep up good speed; the Finn only made two stops compared to his rivals who had to make an extra stop. Defending world champion Red Bull’s Sebastian Vettel, despite starting from pole and initially getting away in the lead, fell back as his tyres started to fade, losing out to both Raikkonen and Fernando Alonso, but held onto a podium!

Continue Reading...
Controversy abound as Vettel takes Malaysian GP Victory!

Red Bull’s Sebastian Vettel claimed victory in Kuala Lumpur in controversial fashion after disobeying a direct team order to hold station while Mark Webber was leading the race. Much like the Australian has been told to do on a number of occasions when Vettel was leading and Webber was faster. Red Bull advisor Dr. Helmut Marko said when asked for his thoughts on Vettel disobeying team orders, “we don’t have #1 AND #2 drivers like Mercedes”, can anyone say hypocrisy? Vettel is clear favourite at Red Bull, you just have to look at Marko’s comments about Webber pre-season for evidence of that. I’m all for all-out-racing, but there has to be equality, Vettel saying sorry after the race means absolutely zero, it’s not like he accidentally overtook the Australian!

Continue Reading...
Fernando Alonso takes Chinese GP victory from third on the grid!

Fernando Alonso took his first victory of 2013 from third on the starting grid with a measured controlled drive ahead of Lotus’ Kimi Raikkonen and pole sitter Lewis Hamilton’s Mercedes. Alonso jumped Raikkonen off the line as the Finn suffered from secondary wheelspin which dropped him back to fourth place as the second Ferrari of Felipe Massa jumped two places to third ahead of Raikkonen. Meanwhile Mercedes’ Lewis Hamilton got a good start but failed to pull away enough to stop Alonso and Massa from gaining DRS after the end of the second lap, by lap 5, both Ferrari’s mugged Hamilton at the end of the second DRS zone as the Briton complained of understeer.

Continue Reading...
I was thinking about posting up my review of the race on my thread but I saw this and thought I don't want to create a weird blog thread war :hehe:

anyway good read, some interesting points and very nicely in depth.
I was thinking about posting up my review of the race on my thread but I saw this and thought I don't want to create a weird blog thread war :hehe:

anyway good read, some interesting points and very nicely in depth.

Thanks, I appreciate your feedback! But feel free to post your blogs as well, I always enjoy a personal view of F1 happenings!
Vettel wins Bahrain Grand Prix as rivals falter!

Red Bull’s Sebastian Vettel took a comfortable win in the desert of Bahrain despite being overtaken at the start of the race by Fernando Alonso off the start line. The German finishing the Grand Prix 9.1 seconds ahead the Lotus’ of Kimi Raikkonen and Romain Grosjean a further 10.4 seconds back.

Continue Reading...
Very good as usual mate, nice to see non bias comments :-)

Thanks for the kind comments, I do try to be unbiased; but my bias comes out from time to time, I have my favourites like anyone else... I genuinely did enjoy the Bahrain GP!

See our F1 related articles too!