FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Which circuit designed by Hermann Tilke is your favourite?

Sepang, Malaysia
39%
Shanghai International Circuit, China
No votes
0%
Bahrain International Circuit, Sakhir
6%
Marina Bay Circuit, Singapore
No votes
0%
Korea International Circuit, Yeongam
No votes
0%
Buddh International Circuit, India
No votes
0%
Yas Marina Circuit, Abu Dhabi
No votes
0%
Circuit of the Americas, Texas
33%
Istanbul Park Circuit, Turkey
22%
Hockenheim Ring, Germany
No votes
0%
What with the onset of the Malaysian Grand Prix at Sepang, I thought I'd see what members' thought of Tilke's circuits, and which one they thought of as his best.

Since 1999, Tilke's circuits have filled an increasing amount of slots in the calendar, and this has received a mixed response from fans and drivers alike. However, there was no doubting that in 2012, a number of his circuits played host to some of that season's more entertaining races.

But his BEST circuit? VOTE!
Malaysia for the racing aspect and the double straights, its a cool layout.

But Shanghai comes close for me, especially in the games, that awesome right hander which throws you onto that long back straight...and the first corner, awesome.
The road to retirement is his finest circuit!
I think everyone complains about tilke but most of the classic tracks just happened, where as new tracks are synthetic, so maybe tilke is just the Pete Waterman of the racing world... I don't see anyone else building good racetracks
I think everyone complains about tilke but most of the classic tracks just happened, where as new tracks are synthetic, so maybe tilke is just the Pete Waterman of the racing world... I don't see anyone else building good racetracks

tilke tries to be too clever in the design of the circuits imo designing each turn to be a specific challenge that can only be taken one way, even with the width of Sepang that's not eased.

tilke tries to be too clever in the design of the circuits imo designing each turn to be a specific challenge that can only be taken one way, even with the width of Sepang that's not eased.

I don't think that's true for turn 1 in Austin.

I don't think that's true for turn 1 in Austin.

There are some exceptions, probably on all his circuits but he needs to throw away his ruler and compasses. I feel that part of the reason for the need for pirelli to engineer the tyres the way they have is down to tilkes circuits.
see my comment up there ^^ in the Grand-Am race, there was lots and lots and lots of passing, a lot also in places where F1 cars dare not pass so it's not the circuit.
Austin. Not really a fan of many of his tracks but thought Austin was excellent. Followed by Istanbul Park. That's a great track too.
Watched Austin the other day in a Grand-Am race and it's a circuit that will in time be considered one of, if not his finest.

Yes. Really enjoyed the Austin GP last season, and thought it was a brilliant return to the USA. Just the sort of circuit we need, and hopefully, it'll continue to provide us with great racing.
I liked Austin last year - and I actually like Yas Marina too - always seem to enjoy the race there.

And both are very fun to drive on the Xbox. Love the last few corners, under the hotel, at Yas Marina .... AND its got a tunnel!! A frickin' TUNNEL on the pit exit - there should be more tunnels in F1.

I had voted Austin - but now I think about it, I should of voted Yas Marina Circuit, Abu Dhabi.
As for watching GP's I would say Malaysia is my pick, then Singapore and maybe then Austin, the track looks like it will put up some good races. But as for racing on Codemasters F1 games i would give it to Singapore as its the most challenging and longest GP in time duration which makes its more harder mentally. I also enjoy Korea and Abu Dhabi but not so much as a TV viewing.
As for watching GP's I would say Malaysia is my pick, then Singapore and maybe then Austin, the track looks like it will put up some good races. But as for racing on Codemasters F1 games i would give it to Singapore as its the most challenging and longest GP in time duration which makes its more harder mentally. I also enjoy Korea and Abu Dhabi but not so much as a TV viewing.

I would totally agree Singapore is the hardest one on codemasters (esp in the rain) - it always effects my championship challenge - and thats why I hate it! :hehe:

See our F1 related articles too!