FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Formula One related discussion.
By R00DIT
mine has to be 1993, i'm fond of that year for a number of reasons, but mostly because it was sennas last and my first watching the sport. :D

how about you?
By certom
uuuh...very difficult to say...jerez 97 is my first grand prix watched, but very hard to answer...
maybe i would say 2000, becuase it has been the year of what i call REAL F1 with great battles between Schumi and Hakkinen, when the FIA didn't spoil the championship and when the cars were still koooool....yes, it has been the very last year of great F1, i would vote for 2000!
By Irv the Swerve
Maybe 98, i don't know why i think it was the first proper season i watched F1.

06 season is high up my ranks. :D
Last edited by Irv the Swerve on 04 Dec 06, 20:29, edited 2 times in total.
By Stephen
Now that was an awesome race to begin watching F1 certom! ;)

Mine would probably be the 1998 season, I don't know why, it's just a year that I'll remember for so many reasons - Melbourne and the McLaren's running away, Spa in torrential rain and early morning Suzuka following a fight with a flatmate whose friend had wandered into someone elses room drunk, and then mistakenly walked into what they thought was a bathroom only to urinate in the wardrobe! :roll:
By Irv the Swerve
That Spa race when the big pile up happened that was the only race that i missed because i went to Spain on holidays. :x When I was at the airport I watched it unfold on the news and my bro and I stared at each other. I couldn't believe it!! :o
By manmonkee
99, by far, Eddie nearly winning the championship, the red baron pilling into a wall at Silverstone, Frentzen and outside chance, Mika taking it to the last race to win. GREAT Year, 3 hours after Eddie had missed out on the championship he was in a Japanese Nightclub signing girls boobs, what a God!.

Eddie said just before the race, I'm incrediably rich, I go out with beautiful women and live in Monoco, Winning the championship isn't going to make my life any better.
By Marco
Lol good story manmonkee, he's a legend. I remember in Monza one year he made more money that race weekend on the stock exchange than his salary at the time!!

96 was a good year, wasn't that where Mika and DC took each other out? and when did DC crash in the pitlane 94/95?
By manmonkee
Yeah, I think Eddie's something like the 6th richest person in Ireland, having said that if you've got a wheelbarrow full of potato's your considered pretty well off in Ireland :D , sorry folks.

Didn't DC take out Mike on The A1 ring in Austria, there was some red faces on that day, I remember Newey in the Pits just shouted out " David! What are you doing!" shouted it so loud you could hear it over the Car noise, But I don't think that was 96.
By Irv the Swerve
DC crashed in 95 Adelaide, ''There was some oil at the pit entrance'' :)

See our F1 related articles too!