FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Discuss GP2, A1, Rallying, Indycar, Nascar and all other racing series!
By vlad
I would be a fan of that project. :)
By Frontrunner
Shane Van Gisbergen has announces his surprise exit from V8 Supercars.
http://www.v8supercars.com.au/championship/newsarticle/van-gisbergen-announces-exit-from-v8-supercars/tabid/70/newsid/13203/default.aspx

A real shame to see him go, really look the goods for a good career in V8SC. And to think he will probably finish 5th in the championship, only behind 4 drivers that have the best cars in Team Vodafone and the factory Ford's.
By vlad
WHYYYYYYYYYY??????!!!!!!!!! :yikes::eek::(

Damn, there goes my favorite driver... :banghead:
By Hammer278
Shane Van Gisbergen has announces his surprise exit from V8 Supercars.
http://www.v8supercars.com.au/championship/newsarticle/van-gisbergen-announces-exit-from-v8-supercars/tabid/70/newsid/13203/default.aspx

A real shame to see him go, really look the goods for a good career in V8SC. And to think he will probably finish 5th in the championship, only behind 4 drivers that have the best cars in Team Vodafone and the factory Ford's.

Oh man that's a major bummer!! :yikes:
By Hammer278
One hell of a vid for V8 Supercars, the risks these guys take is WAY bigger than drivers in F1.

[youtube]nW6rwAkCxKE[/youtube]
By scotty
Stoner confirmation:

Casey Stoner has confirmed that he will, as expected, race on four wheels this year.

The two-time MotoGP world champion has signed a one-year deal to race a Triple 8 Holden Commodore in the V8 Supercar Development Series.

The 27-year-old Australian denied reports last week that the deal, which has been rumoured ever since he announced his retirement from motorcycle racing last May, had been signed.

But he has now revealed that he will contest the full season in the championship that supports Australia's V8 Supercar series.

"It's a trial year to see how I go and how I like the sport," Stoner told Australia's Daily Telegraph.

"We are definitely making a commitment to it, but at the same time we don't want to go in too deep in case it's not for us.

"I was going to do 75 per cent of the races, but I've decided to do them all.

"I want to get as much time in the seat as I can and try to understand what it's like to drive a V8."

Stoner said he would be open to stepping up to the V8 Supercar category for the enduro races at Sandown and Bathurst, but doubted too many teams would be interested in his services.

"I doubt anyone would want me at Bathurst, but I'm not ruling it out," he added. "It's every Aussie's dream to drive there.

Stoner first tested a V8 Supercar for Triple 8 in December 2011. But has also been adding to his experience with a series of secret track-day runs in machines run by series veteran Paul Morris.
By vlad
Can't wait to see him drive there. :)
By bud
Hes signed for the best team, he will have the best engineers to help him through to the main game!
By Frontrunner
I will be paying extra attention to the V8s 2nd tier series this year, that for sure.

Going by a interview i seen today, Stoner will have Red bull and Pirtek as his sponsors.
By bud
I'm thinking they'll run the same sponsors as the main team, tie in Stoner with Whincup and Loundes marketing wise.
By Frontrunner
Red bull will dominate on the paint work i assume on all 3 three cars but Stoner's car might have a couple different smaller sponsors on his ride compared to Whincup and Lowndes i guess due to the fact he is in the 2nd tier series, Time will tell i guess when it kicks off in Adelaide, Can't wait. New cars, Nissan and Mercedes and Stoner, really looking forward to this season of V8s.
By Frontrunner
Here's the four makes that will be fighting it in V8 supercars this year

Holden Commodore

Mercedes AMG E-Class

Nissan Altima

Ford Falcon

BTW former DTM driver, german Maro Engel will take the the number #9 SP Tools this season.

And it all kicks off this weekend at Clipsal 500 in Adelaide, The new era of V8 Supercars are here.
By scotty
I'm going to try to follow this championship this year.
By Frontrunner
A couple pics of Stoner's car for the 2nd tier series.

There is going to be extra attention on the 2nd tier series this year, that is for certain.
By bud
Stoner only 1.2 off the pace in P1 then 0.700 tenths in P2.
First time out, first time on a street circuit with foreign things called walls...Think as the season goes on he will be quick!

See our F1 related articles too!