FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

For Formula One and Motorsport related videos and images.
By andrew
Brundle is terrible. He's in the same league as Jonothan Legard and James Allan. The mute button has bever been so underrated with these overpaid word stranglers wittering on.
By scotty
Watching the forum just now... pretty sure Jake and EJ were pissed. :hehe:
By LewEngBridewell
Watching the forum just now... pretty sure Jake and EJ were pissed. :hehe:

I was a good forum today, albeit a little long. My red button wasn't working today, for some reason, so I had to resort to watching this bit via a juttery online stream from the BBC's website. It was a tad tedious.

But the BBC maintain top quality coverage, with great chemistry and banter between the pundits, and is clearly a firm favourite, as proven by the chanting fans near the paddock. :)
By LewEngBridewell
Who's going to watch the BBC F1 end of year review in a couple of days?

I'm been spending all week preparing for this momentous occasion.
By Nin-Chin
Watched it,I missed the first 20 min,(first 7 rounds) did u notice the fail at the end
Juan Manuel Fangio 1955,1955,1956
By andrew
It said 1956, 1956, 1957. Should have been 1955, 1956 and 1957 as we all know. :wink:

I missed the first half hour due to watching something infinately more interesting. The bit I saw was up to the usual standard I have come to accept from the BBC.
By Nin-Chin
He won 4 titles from 1954 to 1957 but only the first 3 years count so it would be 1954,1955,1956,1957
They didnt do that to schumi i believe they included his 5 year reign
So realistically it should have been 1954 55 56 or including 57

Whatever happened BBC made an error!
By LewEngBridewell
I enjoyed it. And with that, no more Mr Humphrey.
By stonemonkey
I enjoyed it. And with that, no more Mr Humphrey.

I'm free.
By andrew
BBC Sport

BBC announces 2013 Formula 1 coverage plans

Formula 1 practice sessions will be broadcast live on network television this season from grands prix which the BBC is showing live.

There will be around 40 extra hours of network output, with practice generally shown on BBC Two and BBC Two HD.

Former F1 driver Allan McNish joins BBC Radio 5 live as an analyst, while BBC F1 technical analyst Gary Anderson will work across TV, radio and online.

Suzi Perry takes over from Jake Humphrey as the presenter on TV.

Ben Edwards continues as commentator alongside co-commentator David Coulthard and Eddie Jordan remains the chief analyst.

F1 journalist and broadcaster Tom Clarkson joins the TV presentation full-time team as a pit-lane reporter alongside Lee McKenzie, who also presents Inside F1 on the BBC News Channel on the Friday and Saturday of live race weekends, with the latest news and interviews from each grand prix.

On 5 live, James Allen and Jennie Gow continue as commentator and pit-lane reporter.

BBC One and BBC One HD will show nine live races, including those in Canada, Great Britain and Brazil, with extended highlights of the remaining races.

Live grands prix will continue to be followed by the popular F1 Forum on the red button.

Radio 5 live will broadcast every grand prix live, with the show also live on the BBC Sport website, while 5 live Formula 1 on Thursday night ahead of each grand prix will feature guests, interviews and insight ahead of the weekend.

Ben Gallop, BBC's head of Formula 1, said: "Everyone on the BBC team is hugely excited about the new season.

"Last year saw us rise to the challenge of bringing the action to fans through the mix of live television and highlights, delivering great programmes which were reflected in impressive audience figures.

"This year sees new faces, practice on BBC Two & HD on live race weekends and a greater sharing of talent across BBC television, radio and online.

"With Suzi Perry at the helm, we're aiming to bring even more content, insight and access to audiences throughout the season."

The BBC Sport website will broadcast a simulcast of the TV and radio output, and at live races will also have the 'driver tracker', on-board cameras and a pit-lane stream.

Legendary F1 commentator Murray Walker will be providing a series of archive-based videos and written articles for every race of the season.

'Murray's Memories' are his personal recollections of some of the greatest moments in the history of F1.

Coverage of the F1 season is now available on our new BBC Sport smartphone app, available for iPhone and Android devices.

The app brings together BBC Sport's live and on-demand video coverage, along with news, features and stats.

Live grands prix on BBC One:

• China, 14 April
• Spain, 12 May
• Canada, 9 June
• Silverstone, 30 June
• TBA*, 21 July
• Belgium, 25 August
• Italy, 8 September
• Japan, 13 October
• India, 27 October
• Brazil, 24 November

* Venue yet to be confirmed by Formula One Management