FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Formula One related discussion.
By manmonkee
What do you guys think of Hamilton???, I personally have never seen him drive in anything but the best car, In GP2 Hamiltons ART car was just amazing, I watched it sometimes and it's ability to late break, far later than all the other teams was simply stunning, in some races I saw the ART car was able to break 3 or 4 metres later than all the others so it does slightly concern me that it took Hamilton so long to beat Nelson Piquet jr. Nelsons car was obviously far inferior, maybe that says more about Nelson that Hamiltons Championship win in the ART car.
By certom
i think he hasn't got the right experinece for racing in formula 1 in 4 months, but let's see he's cool and he could be a surprise..
By Irv the Swerve
I like the title Marco, nice and catchy. :) It could go either way with Hamilton, he could be a flop and burn himself out (meaning going into overload with the work involved) or he can be a massive hit and can handle the work and racing of F1 like his new team mate.
By Stephen
Fingers crossed that he can carry his GP2 success across to F1, will be an awesome season if he can.
By manmonkee
Yeah I think he'll be OK , I just have the feeling that up against Alonso he might seem a little over hyped, I mean having Alonso as a team mate isn't exactly a blessing, until Fizzi joined Renualt I thought he was possibly the best driver in F1, I don't now!.
I do want to see Nelson in the Renualt, I was mightily impressed with him in GP2, he certianly didn't let Hamilton walk it, AND that was with a far inferrior car.
By Marco
I think Hamilton will blow Alonso away, and I can't wait! :D I think Fernando will be more worried right now.
By manmonkee
Yeah and he'll be accompanied by Flying pigs :D , no seriously I'd be really suprised if Hamilton got even half the point Alonso will get.
By Stephen
I fear you may be right manmonkee, Alonso is quick, perhaps not Schumacher Snr or Kimi quick - but quicker than most. Hamilton will either fade into a DC/Button type role, or become the next WC.
By manmonkee
You may be right about Alonso not being as blindingly fast as Kimi or sausage Dastardly ( As shumi is known) but he is incredibly consistent, he goes out and he gets points everytime, banging in repeatly fantastic performances. Hamilton in his first year at least will not have that consistency, and we all know points mean prizes.
By manmonkee
Sorry I just wrote D i c k Dastardly and It put sausage instead HA HA HA :shock:
By R00DIT
Sorry I just wrote D i c k Dastardly and It put sausage instead HA HA HA :shock:

LOL :D

i think stephen put that feature in, it's very funny!

On hamilton i guess time will tell but he won't beat alonso in the first year. I wonder how cheap Mclaren got him?
By Stephen

Ha ha! That has to be the best 'auto-moderation' adjusted post yet! Sausage Dastardly...you couldn't make it up.
By Selcouth_Feline
Hamilton was sixth in testing today...I know you can't draw really big conclusions, particularly as we can't see what sort of times Raikkonen and Alonso are going to put in, but I think it's a positive start for him.
By Freddie
Well, GP2 cars are very much standard components aren't they ? So the ability to break late is very much depending on the setup and the driver. That makes it a bit more clear that Lewis is an exceptional talent - the way he outclassed everybody else in some of the GP2 races I watched

Go for it, Lewis !
By Irv the Swerve
Sorry manmonkee, i thought marco came up with title :oops:.

Imagine he got his first win in his first season and it took Button i think 6 years. It
could happen. :)

See our F1 related articles too!