FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

By andrew
Sssh No one else will ever know

No one else will ever know what?

The secret

Oh my god I'm in a secret Pact wig Jabster and Andrew. I can't cope with the pressure.

(2000)

Uh oh. We've a weak link in the chain. Time for a long drive into the middle of nowhere at 2am. Bring a shovel LRW. :twisted:
By Jabberwocky

No one else will ever know what?

The secret

Oh my god I'm in a secret Pact wig Jabster and Andrew. I can't cope with the pressure.

(2000)

Uh oh. We've a weak link in the chain. Time for a long drive into the middle of nowhere at 2am. Bring a shovel LRW. :twisted:

[youtube]seRhXyoNrGI[/youtube]
By geetface9

Oh, I know how you tried to steal my thunder as the OP of this thread!! :blaster:
By LRW
Only just seen this on the front page:

Red Bull Racing Motorsport Director Dr Helmut Marko was this morning quoted by the team’s in-house publication in a vicious verbal broadside against his own driver Mark Webber.

According to The Red Bulletin, Marko alleged that Webber ‘has on average two races per year where he is unbeatable, but he can’t maintain this form throughout the year…as soon as the his prospects start to look good in the world championship, he has a little trouble with the pressure that this creates’.

The Red Bull supremo then went on to question the Australian’s ability to cope with that pressure. ‘If some technical mishap occurs…he falls relatively easily into a downward spiral,’ argued Marko.

In perhaps the most stinging aspect of the interview, Marko compared Webber unfavourably with newly-crowned three time world champion Sebastian Vettel. ‘In comparison with Seb’s rising form, it seems to me that Mark’s form somehow flattens out…Red Bull puts him [Webber] in a car – a possible winner – and suddenly along comes this young kid and he snatches the booty from under Mark’s nose,’ said the Austrian.

Marko’s praise for Vettel, on the other hand, was nothing less than unstinting. ‘Seb’s driving was flawless…phenomenal…he can still call on reserves that other drivers might not have,’ stated Marko, who is believed to have the ear of Red Bull top man Dietrich Mateschitz.

Although Marko’s support for Webber has never been entirely fulsome, the latest attack, coming just weeks before the beginning of the 2013 season, will be seen as particularly oddly-timed.
By darwin dali
Only just seen this on the front page:

Red Bull Racing Motorsport Director Dr Helmut Marko was this morning quoted by the team’s in-house publication in a vicious verbal broadside against his own driver Mark Webber.

According to The Red Bulletin, Marko alleged that Webber ‘has on average two races per year where he is unbeatable, but he can’t maintain this form throughout the year…as soon as the his prospects start to look good in the world championship, he has a little trouble with the pressure that this creates’.

The Red Bull supremo then went on to question the Australian’s ability to cope with that pressure. ‘If some technical mishap occurs…he falls relatively easily into a downward spiral,’ argued Marko.

In perhaps the most stinging aspect of the interview, Marko compared Webber unfavourably with newly-crowned three time world champion Sebastian Vettel. ‘In comparison with Seb’s rising form, it seems to me that Mark’s form somehow flattens out…Red Bull puts him [Webber] in a car – a possible winner – and suddenly along comes this young kid and he snatches the booty from under Mark’s nose,’ said the Austrian.

Marko’s praise for Vettel, on the other hand, was nothing less than unstinting. ‘Seb’s driving was flawless…phenomenal…he can still call on reserves that other drivers might not have,’ stated Marko, who is believed to have the ear of Red Bull top man Dietrich Mateschitz.

Although Marko’s support for Webber has never been entirely fulsome, the latest attack, coming just weeks before the beginning of the 2013 season, will be seen as particularly oddly-timed.

Or maybe it gives him a little kick and he will want to prove Marko wrong?
And if I'm honest, I can't see much wrong with the content of Marko's statement - the delivery might be a bit low-blowish, but he's mostly right about MW. And that's why he's probably the best number two driver at the moment.
By LewEngBridewell
Marko is giving Webber a massively hard time this close-season. Imagine if Webber reacted by winning EVERY Grand Prix next season. :D
By stonemonkey
Marko is giving Webber a massively hard time this close-season. Imagine if Webber reacted by winning EVERY Grand Prix next season. :D

There would be one good thing if that happened.
By LewEngBridewell

Ooo tell! New champ to add to the current collection?
By killem2
You know the pres of ferrari is ripping people in closed doors worse than that. I'm suprised he doesn't come out and blast the team.

But this, with webber, I think is to light a fire under his bottom.
By stonemonkey

Ooo tell! New champ to add to the current collection?

Wasn't really thinking about that, the finger might lose a record or two.
By Hammer278

I don't think wishing death on 1/4 the current grid of drivers is a good thing.

See our F1 related articles too!