FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Formula One related discussion.
He just tried the regulations for his driving seat and he probably will be at the winter tests and maybe we will see him on friday driving next year....but it could be just a publicity made by Mercedes...but it will be nice to see him again in a F1 car!

As Zanardi, who tried a special BMW expecially fixed with some driving aids on the steereng wheel...
he was delighted of hearing again the sound of a F1 engine!
By certom
wow....about one day with no new topics or posts...i think this is quite a record!!
By Irv the Swerve
I think i see tumbleweed floating past.... :) There's nothing to talk about when there's no F1 on.
By darwin dali
Uhh, wrong! There's always cerveza to talk about :D
By darwin dali
I'm too thirsty to think straight. I need one right now...
By Irv the Swerve
Stop it, im dying for one as well. I think i should change my picture, i keep wanting one. :)
By Irv the Swerve
BMW were impressed by Zanardi's speed and i was thinking, if the offered Alex a testing place on the team, will he be allowed to drive with the aids or would it be against the rules?
By darwin dali
Do test drivers (not third drivers) need a super license?
He would probably not be allowed to drive on a regular basis because of the reg which stipulates that a driver needs to be able to get out of the cockpit within a few seconds, in case there's an accident. He obviously can't do that, he even needs help to get into the cockpit.
By Marco
In a word yes, test drivers require one. But I can see no reason why Zanardi couldn't perform such a role. :D
By darwin dali
Open your eyes and you will see! I just offered one reason (with liability issues implied)... :)
By Irv the Swerve
Alex car failed three laps in with mech problem, thats harsh!!

See our F1 related articles too!