FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

By racechick
I just read a recent interview with Ross Brawn. i think a Mercedes thread might be interesting so am kicking it off with the interview. Lots of interesting information in there.
http://www.formula1.com/news/interviews ... 13964.html
By What's Burning?
no Mercedes thread would be complete without discussing how it's the ugliest livery on the grid.
By Denthúl
no Mercedes thread would be complete without discussing how it's the ugliest livery on the grid.

:yes:

Although only marginally worse than the current McLaren one... :hehe:
By racechick
It needs work agreed.
By racechick

:yes:

Although only marginally worse than the current McLaren one... :hehe:

Haven't we been here before :D
now I actually like the current McLaren one. So a bit of tweaking for Mercedes could prove worthwhile.
By Hammer278
It would be cool if they leaned more towards the old McLaren livery of white/black with silver mixed in....maybe black and silver. Lot more black on the car with green from Petronas highlighting the lines of the car...hmm, nice looking car in my mind.
By myownalias
Hmm, a Mercedes thread started by RC, for the life of me; I can't possibly think why? :P:hehe:
By racechick
:D I LOVE those cars :hehe:
By What's Burning?
I just found time to read the Ross Brawn interview RC, very good read interesting insight into the back end and a valid very clear explanation of what Niki Lauda will be responsible for.
By racechick
I thought it was a good read. And he's a very diplomatic guy.
By CookinFlat6
Yeah Ross has a great sense of humour also

I remember him cracking up when Butt on drove into the wrong pit in his haste to ruin Lewis' race
By f1boy
I think Ross, Lewis and Nico are going to make a very good team out of Mercedes.

Mercedes already make the best engines, so I'm confident that they will also make a Championship winning car at some stage over the next few years.
By CookinFlat6
agreed f1boy, I think its extremely short-sighted when people say 'oh Merc aint done jack for 3 years, so its gonna be the same next year'

RB has explained that he has been building a team and its only next year we will start to see the fruits of this, he also now has the one driver who can take a car that's not all there and extract whatever it does have, inspiring the engineers and making it easy for them to focus and produce

If anything Merc now have overkill on the engineer front, and the chequebook that will gush as things start to gel
By bud
I like Mercedes, and I hope for Lewis' sake they can deliver him a car worthy of his skill but this year has shown they trail off as the season goes along in the development race. The same team that trailed off in the 2009 season. And having money doesn't always mean much, look at Honda and Toyota for example.
By myownalias
None of us know what Mercedes will do in the next three years; all we can do is speculate based on their performances since their return to the F1 fold.

Lewis Hamilton is not the saviour of all things F1; I expect next season to be a big of a washout as they work towards 2014 and the new engine regulations; at that point the playing field is levelled; there is no guarantee that Merc will make the best engine, I would bet on Renault building the best V6T; they were the first team to jump all over the new specification and start building while other's were still complaining about the new engine formula.

See our F1 related articles too!