FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Formula One related discussion.
By Forza
Just read this article and I can't believe what i'm hearing. Twenty years ago people who lived near an airport, ie bought a house by an airport, would expect noise - and may even be proud to hear/see British engineered machines firing up and down their local runways, but not now!

Now these pathetic snifflers expect noise from an airport to stop because it interferes with their lives. I'm sorry but if you don't like noise - DONT BUY A HOUSE NEXT TO AN AIRPORT FFS.

I think Top Gear also use that track, it'll be a pain for them too. But the only saving grace with this decision is that with an engine freeze there won't be so much straight line F1 testing in the next couple of years.
By certom
hey this is the same discussion that is being made about the circuit of Monza: that circuit is there since 90 years, they built houses near the circuit about 15 years ago, and now the people that live in them is trying to stop the activity of the circuit!

even the GP of this year was in trouble!!
By Irv the Swerve
Maybe its one of the reasons San Marino got booted off the Calendar!! :)
By certom
no...it's just money problem.....
By Irv the Swerve
no...it's just money problem.....
Was it not to re-make the track???
By certom
yeah, they've just demolished the boxes, but the biggest problem is that the SAGIS, the association that owns the circuit, hasn't got more money...on an italian magazine, ecclestone explained that he has helped Imola with great sales on the fee, but this situation couldn't continue

See our F1 related articles too!