Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Questions and answers about going to a race weekend

Who is planning on attending?

1. Yes
22%
2. No
78%
By texasmr2
So I am curious if any members will be attending? I have signed up as a volunteer directing people to the appropriate seating area's within and around the track. Originaly I had planned on a GA ticket but they soldout like a lightening bolt but it will be fun and will not cost me anything.

Regards,
Gregg
By vlad
Damn, you still found a way! :hehe:
By texasmr2
Where there is a will there is a way. I have several friends here in Houston who have been to numerous GP's but they asked me to join them as a volunteer. Also they have all the hookup's for the parties :wink: .
By Denthúl
I'd love to, but I'm afraid that money is a problem as it is for any other race. :(

If you wanna buy me a ticket, though... :wink:
By stonemonkey
Good stuff, hope it's not all work and you get the chance to take in some of the racing.
By Jabberwocky
Good stuff, hope it's not all work and you get the chance to take in some of the racing.

when they are in they are in so you get to watch the race. I used to do some security work at Silverstone for the same reason.
By myownalias
I wanted to go; but sadly money and (lack of) time means that I can't attend this year, hopefully I can make it happen next year!
By What's Burning?
Was curious to find out what the policy is about bringing food, water, beer, ((guns) it is Texas after all) to the events but there is nothing on the cota site.
By Jabberwocky
I wanted to go; but sadly money and (lack of) time means that I can't attend this year, hopefully I can make it happen next year!

and a baby sitter for the kids now you have hidden mrs moa under the patio.
By texasmr2
Was curious to find out what the policy is about bringing food, water, beer, ((guns) it is Texas after all) to the events but there is nothing on the cota site.

You need to do more research.
By What's Burning?

I thought I did pretty well but leave it to an American circuit to have to "think" about what fans can and can't bring into a circuit. I hope you enjoy the day there, some day I may go, but Montreal is a lot closer to me and next year's NJ GP may be the capper.

Food & Beverages

Q: What food and beverage options come with reserved grandstand bleacher seats?

A: All reserved seating areas are close to a variety of food and beverage options. More information about food and beverage vending areas will be available at www.circuitoftheamericas.com this fall.
Back to FAQ List

Q: Can I bring in my own food and beverage items?

A: Circuit of The Americas will release the list of approved items that can be brought into the venue during the 2012 FORMULA 1 UNITED STATED GRAND PRIX™ later this summer. Please visit www.circuitoftheamericas.com for updates from our Guest Service Team.
Back to FAQ List

Q: What items can be brought into Circuit of The Americas on marquee racing days?

A: Circuit of The Americas will release the list of approved items that can be brought into the venue during the 2012 FORMULA 1 UNITED STATED GRAND PRIX™ later this summer. Please visit www.circuitoftheamericas.com for updates from our Guest Service Team.
Back to FAQ List

Q: What forms of payment will you accept?

A: We accept all major credit/debit cards— American Express, Visa, Mastercard, and Discover.
By LewEngBridewell
If I had the money to attend all these Grands Prix, the world would be a fine place.
By texasmr2

I thought I did pretty well but leave it to an American circuit to have to "think" about what fans can and can't bring into a circuit. I hope you enjoy the day there, some day I may go, but Montreal is a lot closer to me and next year's NJ GP may be the capper.

Food & Beverages

Q: What food and beverage options come with reserved grandstand bleacher seats?

A: All reserved seating areas are close to a variety of food and beverage options. More information about food and beverage vending areas will be available at http://www.circuitoftheamericas.com this fall.
Back to FAQ List

Q: Can I bring in my own food and beverage items?

A: Circuit of The Americas will release the list of approved items that can be brought into the venue during the 2012 FORMULA 1 UNITED STATED GRAND PRIX™ later this summer. Please visit http://www.circuitoftheamericas.com for updates from our Guest Service Team.
Back to FAQ List

Q: What items can be brought into Circuit of The Americas on marquee racing days?

A: Circuit of The Americas will release the list of approved items that can be brought into the venue during the 2012 FORMULA 1 UNITED STATED GRAND PRIX™ later this summer. Please visit http://www.circuitoftheamericas.com for updates from our Guest Service Team.
Back to FAQ List

Q: What forms of payment will you accept?

A: We accept all major credit/debit cards— American Express, Visa, Mastercard, and Discover.

There you go brother and sorry as my post came off like an asshat. What I should have said was that I'll get back to you :) .

I hear everyone about being able to afford the tickets as I cannot so I thought what thre heck I'll just volunteer. I'll have free room and board at a longtime friends house who lives in Austin and I also have a friend who manages a few large ranches in the area and I could campout aswell. One of the properties has water/electricty hookups for those who are RV'ing it and even a heli-pad.

If I had the money to attend all these Grands Prix, the world would be a fine place.

You got that right brother. :wink:

See our F1 related articles too!