FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Questions and answers about going to a race weekend
Hi guys,

Just a quick question, I'm looking to get a couple of tickets for the F1 Grand Prix at Silverstone next year, but I dont know much about the circuit. Can anyone advise me where the best places are to watch the race from? I'm looking at the Silver price band (which is uncovered, so fingers crossed for no rain!) but want to make sure we have a good stretch of track and a giant tv screen nearby so we can watch the rest of the race and not get a cricked neck! Is this too much to ask for £180 each, that's £90 per buttock!!??? ;-)

FYI this year Silver price band includes Stowe, Abbey, Club, Bridge and Farm sections of track...

Thanks in advance!

Tom.
By Stephen
Hi Tom, welcome to the forum. Sadly i'm not an expert on Silverstone, I've only driven around it! ;) But someone should be along to answer your question, also try pinging Simac, he regularly attends the event and knows where to sit from experience. :)
By Irv the Swerve
Whats the story Tom :) , My sisters boyfriend went to Sliverstone two years ago and he was sitting were the grid was, i could get some more info if you want it??
By faldekan
Whats the story Tom :) , My sisters boyfriend went to Sliverstone two years ago and he was sitting were the grid was, i could get some more info if you want it??
Hi Spitz,

Yeah, I was wondering about the grid area myself, although I think it is in the Gold band, it's where it all starts and finishes which can't be a bad spot. Anything you can find out would be great!

Tom.
By Marco
I think Becketts and Stowe corners are meant to be quite good viewing places. And I think you can wander between different areas during the race should you wish to, although you should check that.
By simac
There are a few good spots around the circuit, I usualy get a general access ticket so that i can roam around. The main stand opposite the pits on the start/finish straight is good but for me, it's only good for the start and the end of the race :lol: during the race the cars are passing at pretty much full speed so you don't see much of them ! It's fun at the end of the straight though in to Copse, they were taking that flat out this year 8) it defies physics LMAO

Personally, I like being at the end of the hanger straight where you can often see some overtaking into Stowe and the approach at full speed.

For good camera shots, I like woodcote/luffield. This I think is the slowest part of the circuit so it's easier to take photos.

I could go on but i'm short of time right now !!

HTH
By faldekan
Great advice, thanks a lot guys, I will recheck the ticket availability with some semblance of understanding now! :D
By Irv the Swerve
As Faldekan was talking about going to Sliverstone, I was thinking to myself i want to go to a Gp too!! :) I have never been before and i want to go next summer before im off to College. :roll: So i was talking to my mate about going to a GP and he's up for going, we were talking about where to go and obviously Sliverstone is the one to go for but we both want to go somewhere different, either Germany or Italy and we are sliding towards Italy because of Monza(With history etc..) Or would Sliverstone be the choice because of costs is cheaper, or a another GP?? I just dont know??
By certom
come to monza Spitz! you'll enjoy it, and you can give me a visit, i'm about 40 km. far from the circuit!
By Irv the Swerve
My mate and I want to see a AC Milan match so thats really why we a leaning towards Monza since is about 15km outside Milan.

That will be great if i could visit you, 40km.. is that around Como, that side??

Is the tickets alright pricewise, and it will be easier for me because i use the Euro over here too.
By Selcouth_Feline
AC Milan
:?

I'd love to go to the Monza circuit, but I think I'm going to try and head to Monaco next season.
By Irv the Swerve
AC Milan
:?

Not a football fan I take it. :)

Monaco would be fantastic to go to.

See our F1 related articles too!