FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Formula One related discussion.
By certom
according to f1grandprix.it, Bernie Ecclestone suggested the alternance between the GP of France and the GP of Great Britain, year per year, in order to permit the entrance in the season of the GP of Korea and India.....mmm......why Bernie is still alive?
By Selcouth_Feline
The Silverstone bosses have said no though, and Ecclestone has said he won't 'force' the issue. However, when the current contract is up (2009???), who knows if he'll keep Silverstone on the calendar or not...

I understand his reasoning - he wants some of the emerging countries to host races, but I don't think it should be at the expense of the older tracks. I think Silverstone is one of the oldest F1 tracks?? If anything, I think he should alternate the newer tracks to determine whether the drivers and fans like them or not.
By darwin dali
I think we should have a longer season with more races. Now that many races are being held in tropical or subtropical areas, I see no reason why they couldn't run races in November and February.
By Stephen
Totally, but the travel costs would spiral, and even worse my girlfriend would skin me for spending too many of my weekends glued to the box! :D
By Selcouth_Feline
Well, if we lose Silverstone, at least we might end up with a Formula1 theme park in it's place instead :roll:
By darwin dali
Well, if we lose Silverstone, at least we might end up with a Formula1 theme park in it's place instead :roll:

Yeah, and the next thing is you're going vrooom, vroom, vroooom on your sofa :mrgreen:
By darwin dali
Totally, but the travel costs would spiral, and even worse my girlfriend would skin me for spending too many of my weekends glued to the box! :D

Not true, they travel there anyway - they might even get a better deal because it's off-season for tourists.
Re. your girlfriend: all I'm saying, you need to get better control over her, crack the whip and all or you'll lose all your hot tatoos once she gets to your bum with the skinning :lol:
By Selcouth_Feline
Yeah, and the next thing is you're going vrooom, vroom, vroooom on your sofa :mrgreen:

What's wrong with that? :?:D

There are people over here who have cruddy cars and they record Ferraris onto CDs and then play the CD really loud as they are driving around town. Whatever floats your boat and all that ;)
By Forza
Half the problem is that ecclestone has already asked the Silverstone execs to improve the circuit itself and nothing has really been done. Some of the emerging countries governments realise have a top notch F1 circuit is really good but the british government doesn't care. And even if it does, they'd stuff it up anyway....look at wembley stadium. Over budget, over the time-schedule and plagued with problems straight out of a fiction novel :roll:
By darwin dali

What's wrong with that? :?:D

There are people over here who have cruddy cars and they record Ferraris onto CDs and then play the CD really loud as they are driving around town. Whatever floats your boat and all that ;)

Man (uh, woman), it must be really in the middle of the dark ages of no F1 races! How else could you become so desperate that you condone that kind of behavior? 8)
By Stephen

Not true, they travel there anyway - they might even get a better deal because it's off-season for tourists.
Re. your girlfriend: all I'm saying, you need to get better control over her, crack the whip and all or you'll lose all your hot tatoos once she gets to your bum with the skinning :lol:

I'm not that brave, she's a tiger and i'm a wounded antelope. She's plain meanie.
By darwin dali
Oaah! Poor baby! If you let her, you don't deserve any better :P
By Stephen
Oaah! Poor baby! If you let her, you don't deserve any better :P

I actually quite like it! :oops:
By darwin dali
Yeah, I always knew you're one sick puppy!

See our F1 related articles too!