FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Found a good site or want to plug your own? For regulars only.
By myownalias
Already liked it yesterday... just makes me even more annoyed that I don't have the use of my DSLR while is goes back to Canon for repair! :(
By Jabberwocky
we only use 2 fujifilm SLR lookalikes. I was brought up using cannon cameras. non digital. Never had any issues with build quality like have.
By myownalias
we only use 2 fujifilm SLR lookalikes. I was brought up using cannon cameras. non digital. Never had any issues with build quality like have.

Maybe I have been unlucky with a bad unit, or maybe not, generally I find build quality in modern products are not a patch on what they were 20 years ago.

I also have a Fuji DSLR lookalike, which recently broke after being dropped by my son, it still works, just that the battery compartment is broken, so it won't power on unless I hold the battery compartment closed, which makes it almost impossible to compose a shot! I will buy another Fuji camera for my wife, I have no complaints about Fuji unlike Canon!
By Jabberwocky
I have a S5600 which I bought new. Last week we got a S5800 in as stock for the company my father in law and I run, (which is recycling/refurbishing electrical equipment) it has a problem that the flash does not pop up as it should but apart from that works fine.

The 1st Fuji camera I bought was in 2002 and was a Fuji FinePix 2800 Zoom it still works OK, but only 2meg and 6x zoom is restrictive.
By myownalias
The Fuji with the broken battery compartment is a S5500, bought back in 2004, if it wasn't for those meddling kids, it would still be working!

I'm bidding on a used S4200 on Ebay right now, hoping to pick it up for under $90 delivered, it's $180 new, over $200 including tax!
By Jabberwocky
now that is a nice camera, Amazon has it up for £129.... will see how many jobs she gets in the coming month, I might surprise her with one.

24x zoom just wow
By myownalias
It's a very nice camera, played with one in Walmart, feature-wise it's better than my Canon but I suspect the image quality won't be upto DSLR standards, especially in low light conditions.

For less than £130, it's a bargain, 14mp, with 24x zoom, supposed to be about 570mm (35mm equivalent) focal length with image stabilization.
By Jabberwocky
It's a very nice camera, played with one in Walmart, feature-wise it's better than my Canon but I suspect the image quality won't be upto DSLR standards, especially in low light conditions.

For less than £130, it's a bargain, 14mp, with 24x zoom, supposed to be about 570mm (35mm equivalent) focal length with image stabilization.

for the price, compared to the price of a DSLR I think I could live with the slight loss of image quality. Plus would have to get the tripod out a bit earlier for the longer exposures lol
By racechick
Liked :D
By Jabberwocky
Thanks All

Liked

If you are who I think you are then you have the best beard I have ever seen.

See our F1 related articles too!