FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

For Formula One and Motorsport related videos and images.
By racechick
AAARGH!!!Gotta walk up to that bar again or watch highlights!! :banghead::banghead:
By headless
Just go to the venue.
By andrew
AAARGH!!!Gotta walk up to that bar again or watch highlights!! :banghead::banghead:

You're complaining about going to a bar?
By racechick

You're complaining about going to a bar?

Long uphill walk, pay for drinks, commentary in French.....might still do it though :D
By LewEngBridewell
Not a BBC race until September.

Well, not a BBC LIVE race until September! It's all about the LIVE!!! :D
By andrew

That's what I meant.

Sme people....
By LewEngBridewell

That's what I meant.

Sme people....

This means, of course, that I won't be able to supervise the chat room this weekend! Who wants to do cover duty? :hehe::wink::wink:

Stonemonkey would do a good job.
By andrew

That's what I meant.

Sme people....

This means, of course, that I won't be able to supervise the chat room this weekend! Who wants to do cover duty? :hehe::wink::wink:

You mean create mischief. I think it's me that supervises. :whip:
By LewEngBridewell

That's what I meant.

Sme people....

Aye, but we won't be there to fuel the fun this weekend.
By andrew

That's what I meant.

Sme people....

Aye, but we won't be there to fuel the fun this weekend.

Don't worry, the world should just about manage to keep on turning.
By LewEngBridewell
I wouldn't be too sure... :nono:
After ted's comment that he was too busy too go down the water slide after qualifying i noticed a little while later he was kicking off with someone before the camera panned away so obviously he is a bit hot today and surely he can allow time to chill.

F1 fanatic UK :banghead: TOO HOT
By atommo
It isn't too bad. I don't want sky, I think it really isn't worth it if the main thing to watch is F1. The BBC extended highlights of races not shown live are usually pretty much the whole thing with about 5-10 laps skipped. Anyway they show the most interesting bits so yeah. Also those of you blaming Mr Ecclestone for everything, you're only half right. [Unless this hasn't been said already, I went straight to writing this after seeing lots of rage comments] It is partially the BBCs fault for choosing Sky over Channel 4 [Sky and Channel 4 offered about the same amount of money], which I would have happily watched F1 on. However the BBC doesn't like channel 4 so they thought they would go with Sky, without thinking much about the fans obviously since lots of people know of the high prices for Sky, and the fact you have to pay all that money and you still get adverts. The BBC requested a partnership with Sky for a few years to save money using the excuse "It will save you money" and stuff like that which is not true, as most people would happily have paid an extra £10 for full F1 coverage [per year]. Instead you end up paying over £100 per year if you want to watch the whole F1 season legally in the UK. Bernie Ecclestone only made the contract for the BBC and Sky to sign. However you can see that not many people bother to buy Sky solely for F1 from the viewing figures- the average viewing figures for Sky are usually over 1 million lower than the BBC coverage, even if the BBC coverage is only highlights. [for stats, check www.F1revs.com] Also Mr Ecclestone doesn't do these things for the money, its because he enjoys making contracts and being a businessman. If it was just for the money he wouldn't care so that is the problem. It is sad, thats for sure. For me anyway.

If it was up to me, I'd try and make all FIA motorsports as cheap as possible, if not free to watch. It is possible since GT1 and GT3 is free to watch. [At the time of writing anyway]
By stonemonkey
Not thinking much of McNish commentary in practice.

See our F1 related articles too!