- 20 Jul 12, 21:37#312987
About FORUMula1.com
F1 and Motorsport Forums
F1 and Motorsport Forums

LewEngBridewell wrote:Well, I've got the Sky F1 channel working! This will be the first time I've watched the race weekend on a different channel to the BBC, since F1 was broadcast on ITV back in 2008!So what do you think? did you watch Q?
myownalias wrote:Quite enjoyed it actually. Quite slick and clean looking, and it was good to see Brundle again. Nice to hear Damon Hill and Johnny Herbert giving their views, but Jake Humphrey is much more enjoyable and entertaining than Simon Lazenby.LewEngBridewell wrote:Well, I've got the Sky F1 channel working! This will be the first time I've watched the race weekend on a different channel to the BBC, since F1 was broadcast on ITV back in 2008!So what do you think? did you watch Q?

LewEngBridewell wrote:I agree 100% to the highlighted part. To me, this is still the weakest link of the Sky broadcast. Jake just seems to have a certain relaxed attitude that Simon doesnt, and in interviews this seems to put the drivers at ease. However, Its still Simon's first Season, and he is a LOT better than he was on the first show.myownalias wrote:Quite enjoyed it actually. Quite slick and clean looking, and it was good to see Brundle again. Nice to hear Damon Hill and Johnny Herbert giving their views, but Jake Humphrey is much more enjoyable and entertaining than Simon Lazenby.LewEngBridewell wrote:Well, I've got the Sky F1 channel working! This will be the first time I've watched the race weekend on a different channel to the BBC, since F1 was broadcast on ITV back in 2008!So what do you think? did you watch Q?
The commentary team is good, and David Croft does a good job, but we knew this from the BBC 5 Live days of old. EwanM tells me the coverage has much improved from the start of the season though, so it appears I've experienced it at a good time. Sky gets the thumbs up from me today.
But I still ain't paying for it though!

LRW wrote:This Lazenby chap must be ruddy awful seeing as Humpty the Numpty is pretty clueless. He makes it sound like he's reading from a script (badly) rather than it being a conscious stream of thought, that you get with a pro like Murray Walker.LewEngBridewell wrote:I agree 100% to the highlighted part. To me, this is still the weakest link of the Sky broadcast. Jake just seems to have a certain relaxed attitude that Simon doesnt, and in interviews this seems to put the drivers at ease. However, Its still Simon's first Season, and he is a LOT better than he was on the first show.myownalias wrote:Quite enjoyed it actually. Quite slick and clean looking, and it was good to see Brundle again. Nice to hear Damon Hill and Johnny Herbert giving their views, but Jake Humphrey is much more enjoyable and entertaining than Simon Lazenby.LewEngBridewell wrote:Well, I've got the Sky F1 channel working! This will be the first time I've watched the race weekend on a different channel to the BBC, since F1 was broadcast on ITV back in 2008!So what do you think? did you watch Q?
The commentary team is good, and David Croft does a good job, but we knew this from the BBC 5 Live days of old. EwanM tells me the coverage has much improved from the start of the season though, so it appears I've experienced it at a good time. Sky gets the thumbs up from me today.
But I still ain't paying for it though!
myownalias wrote:Personally I think that SKY could ditch Lazenby and just have Damon Hill and Johnny Herbert presenting, maybe even get Anthony Davidson to come down and be lead presenter.Thats an excellent idea...

McLaren Racing opened its new state-of-the-art Rac[…]
Madring was a pretty dull race. I wouldn't mi[…]
Not sure yet, but it looks that way - Kimi is on[…]
Swap-in out addons, use only what you really need!