FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Discuss equipment & technique - show-off your photography here!
until you go to a GP and wish you had that 450mm focal lenght!

I would hope that the equivalent of almost 14x zoom ratio should be fine across the two lenses, but we'll see; I doubt I will be going to Austin this year, especially with the uncertainty about camping and the hiked hotel prices for the Grand Prix weekend, not to mention the nine hour drive to Austin from Kansas, I can't justify spending more than $500 right now!
until you go to a GP and wish you had that 450mm focal lenght!

I would hope that the equivalent of almost 14x zoom ratio should be fine across the two lenses, but we'll see; I doubt I will be going to Austin this year, especially with the uncertainty about camping and the hiked hotel prices for the Grand Prix weekend, not to mention the nine hour drive to Austin from Kansas, I can't justify spending more than $500 right now!

I have a 450 equivalent. It's actually a 70 to 300mm lens for the Nikon FX format, which when used on a DX format body like I have, the focal lens becomes 1.5 time. I was able to get close enough to show off some of the pictures I posted last year, so pretty decent detail but I found myself wishing for "more lenght". :wink:

I spend most of my time though with a single focal lenght 50mm equivalent that's "fast" since I do a lot of night time and indoor photographs. Nothing beats a fast prime lens, so put that on your wish list for a year from now.
DD, Geetface; you had to go lower the tone of this thread didn't you... can't take you two anywhere! :whip:

Back to lens, I'm not sure whether I need a fixed focal length lens because I use zoom a lot; I've not had fixed length since my early 20s....
Thank goodness I looked at the OP. I was gonna post pics of my grapefruits.

Thank goodness, when I saw you'd posted in here I thought you had.
Thank goodness I looked at the OP. I was gonna post pics of my grapefruits.

Thank goodness, when I saw you'd posted in here I thought you had.

:rofl::wink::wink:

See our F1 related articles too!