No votes
0%
Scott Speed
No votes
0%
By Irv the Swerve
Vote for the most improved driver now!!

(Other) Please specify

Comment on your most improved team of 06.
By Irv the Swerve
I think Super Aguri have improved throughout their first season. 10th for Sato at Brazil was amazing since SA was an idea 12 months ago.
By manmonkee
Not sure about my facts here but I seem to remember Super Aguri were about 5sec or more behind the front runners in Australia and by the time it came to Brazil they were only about 2 seconds behind. Finding 3 seconds from a car over a season, More because the other teams are improving too is a quite incrediable feet, I think they've earned all our admiration.
By Selcouth_Feline
Super Aguri were about 5sec or more behind the front runners in Australia and by the time it came to Brazil they were only about 2 seconds behind.

Wow, if that is true, that's actually quite an achivement! Is that consistent though? Or was one or other of the times down to the track - some tracks suit some teams better than others?
By manmonkee
Well your right, they were definetly better at some tracks than others but they did steadily improve all year, I hope that in 2007 they make there own car rather than use this years Honda. It would be interesting too see what they can do on there own.
I think Sato has improved this year, I wasn't impressed with him when he was at Honda but he's shown some good form this year and he was totally dominent when he won F3, so there is talent there.
By Irv the Swerve
I thought Sato was gone from f1 but this year as team leader he has shown skill that i havent seen from him before.
In Brazil, Yamamoto had the 7th fastest lap and Sato 9th in the race!! :shock:
By bud
I thought Sato was gone from f1 but this year as team leader he has shown skill that i havent seen from him before.
In Brazil, Yamamoto had the 7th fastest lap and Sato 9th in the race!! :shock:

Bare in mind they were on the Bridgestone tyres.. still they have improved the new chassis ten fold throughout the year, no doubt with Honda's guidence
By Irv the Swerve
But Toyota were on BS and Ralf and Trulli were miles behind the Aguris.
By bud
But Toyota were on BS and Ralf and Trulli were miles behind the Aguris.

Go look up the race stats
where did Toyota qualify?
and how many laps did they do in the race? :P
then come back and look at that comment hehe
By Irv the Swerve
They still could have a good lap time in those 9-10 laps.
By bud
They still could have a good lap time in those 9-10 laps.

they would have been heavy on fuel though that early on
By Irv the Swerve
I suppose so, are you watching the Ireland vs Aus now???
By bud
Na it was on at 6 30 am so was fast asleep during the game, gonna have to watch the replay!

there is talk for the future of playing 3 tests and even a trial game against a US side in Boston. I take it there is Gaelic Footy played in Boston.
By Irv the Swerve
We played really bad, and as always there was a few fights. :)
One of our players was knocked out clean.

I dont really like the idea of the three test because i prefer the agg score overall.

I didnt know Boston play it but NY have a Gaelic and a Hurling team, not very good though. :)

Is that your car in the pic??
By bud
Yeah i think they should introduce tribunal rules for fighting in the series to carry over to the leauge seasons of each country. only draw back the Australian clubs would probably not want their players playing if they will possibly have suspensions and miss out on a premiership matches. but if the players did this sought of fighitng in the AFL season they would get banned for 6-8 weeks so they have to come up with something to stop this stupid biffo!
and yeah thats my car nissan gtr :P

See our F1 related articles too!