FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Celebrate over sixty years of F1 - your memories, experiences and opinions.
By LewEngBridewell
WTF Lew? For many of those things that you claim you miss, you weren't even alive back when (or barely alive and pooping your pampers :hehe: ), so how can you miss what you haven't lived through? :confused:

Goodness me! Literally EVERYTHING I mentioned (apart from the picture of the fight) happened during my lifetime (90s & 2000s)! Just how young do you think I am??? :yikes::gonnagetit::hehe:

In the meantime...

By madbrad
PROPER driver fights!

I agree with you, but your example isn't a good one. That was not a fight at all. Watch it and you'll see Salazar didn't participate at all. It was just Piquet being his usual f'n twat self.
By LewEngBridewell
I agree with you, but your example isn't a good one. That was not a fight at all. Watch it and you'll see Salazar didn't participate at all. It was just Piquet being his usual f'n twat self.

Oh I've watched it alright. It was just the first image of an altercation that came up in Google Images. :hehe::wink:
By madbrad
yeah that is the one freeze frame spot in the video that makes it look like Salazar is fighting.
By scotty
Ferrari V12's.

Make that any old 3.5l era engine period...

[youtube]eopcuO_15kw[/youtube]
^^any excuse to post this vid :D

[youtube]b04hDsi6Ivk[/youtube]

You know, the modern sound really is sickeningly poor in comparison. It's actually quite depressing. :hehe:

Cigarette liveries.

Not many other liveries are as memorable as Marlboro, JPS, Lucky Strike, West, Camel, B&H. I barely notice what a lot of them are advertising now. I suppose the closest to that sort of thing now is red bull.

Exactly, although Red Bull is still pretty dull in my opinion. They're all so middle of the road and corporate now. Sauber have to be the worst offenders, as much as i love that team. Even their first F1 car, just plain black with barely any sponsorship looked pretty damn sleek. Mercedes i guess is their classic colours but it's the same with them - this current livery with the green Petronas flashes can never be as iconic as something like the old Sauber Merc C9. Says it all that teams are starting to resort to emulating the old classics too (Lotus and to a lesser extent Williams) - wonder who'll be next to do this :hehe:

Reminds me of something else i miss - the sheer look and shapes of pre-1998 cars (except for some exceptions like the McLaren MP4/10, Ferrari F92 etc).

What beautifully sculpted cars.
By stonemonkey
Montoya getting upset that a cameraman had tried to cut his ear off.

Oh deer!
By LewEngBridewell
I just can't get over how much I loved the Orange Arrows livery :cloud9::cloud9:

By geetface9
I just can't get over how much I loved the Orange Arrows livery :cloud9::cloud9:

:rofl: I've never seen that before!! LMFAO not only is the car orange, they tell you it is too!!
By racechick
Montoya getting upset that a cameraman had tried to cut his ear off.

:cloud9::cloud9::cloud9: Just Montoya everything!!! Watching him win at Silverstone. Watching him come second at Silverstone in that fantastic epic race that Barichelo won. Watching him get the better of Schumi :cloud9: And hearing him say things like they are. "Raikonen f***ing Raikonen" :rofl::rofl:

And all the past fantastic weekends at Silverstone. Each one brill.
By racechick
WTF Lew? For many of those things that you claim you miss, you weren't even alive back when (or barely alive and pooping your pampers :hehe: ), so how can you miss what you haven't lived through? :confused:

Goodness me! Literally EVERYTHING I mentioned (apart from the picture of the fight) happened during my lifetime (90s & 2000s)! Just how young do you think I am??? :yikes::gonnagetit::hehe:

It's wishful thinking Lew! :wink:
By LewEngBridewell
[youtube]m0nVspbf4vo[/youtube]

I could watch this video over and over again. Great stuff. This circuit (in this layout) was on my first ever F1 PC game. Good memories.
By stonemonkey
I could watch this video over and over again. Great stuff. This circuit (in this layout) was on my first ever F1 PC game. Good memories.

It was a great circuit to watch the racing on, totally unique at the time but I was useless on it in the games and couldn't get used to it.

See our F1 related articles too!