FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

By nubenow
It would almost seem that since their first year, there has really been little forward progress with Caterham, and they are relatively the same as Marussia now as then?

They also "seem" to have better drivers, better engine package with the Renault, better gearbox & rear suspension package, better funding and better people than Marussia, yet are not going any quicker?

If you read Kovalainen's comments, he seems to have given up somewhat on the team. So I was wondering howcome they have not progressed?
They are definitely getting closer, but it is quite a slow process. To me that underlines just how hard it is to design an F1 car completely from scratch these days. I don't think the constant and moderately large rule changes are helping, cause it means a new baseline has to be found more often and this is something the more experienced teams can do far more effectively...

Kovalainen is wasted at this team though, he's a very good driver who deserves better than this car.
Well, at present moment QPR is going to be relegated so maybe Tony Fernandez might be losing a hell of a lot of money. Caterham could fold? :hehe:

Edit: Scratch that, QPR just scored 2 goals!!!!!!!! LOL....ok I'll stop here as its the F1 forum. :hehe::hehe:
Caterham are looking better and better all the time. They leave Marussia and HRT well behind. I wish the progress was a bit more swift though.
Well, Fernandes' QPR stayed in the Premier League by the skin of their teeth, so he'll still have a bit of spare cash to throw at Caterham.

He might as well flush it down the bog though to be honest. I can't see them ever getting into the points.
Side note on Caterham cars....does anyone actually drive them. I live in Leicester close to their plant, never seen anyone drive them though!!!

I had a Caterham/Lotus style kit car. I did go and look around the Leicester part of Caterham and to be honest I was amazed at how expensive they where compared to westfields and LoCost versions. Mine was a Robin Hood 2B.
Well, Fernandes' QPR stayed in the Premier League by the skin of their teeth, so he'll still have a bit of spare cash to throw at Caterham.

He might as well flush it down the bog though to be honest. I can't see them ever getting into the points.

I can, eventually.
I was just thinking about it and how they have done compared to other "new teams" ie Super Aguri and Toyota....

The new teams have already lived longer than Super Aguri, as they where using Honda chassis can not really be compared.

Toyota, from memory their 3rd year was the best one they had.
I was just thinking about it and how they have done compared to other "new teams" ie Super Aguri and Toyota....

The new teams have already lived longer than Super Aguri, as they where using Honda chassis can not really be compared.

Toyota, from memory their 3rd year was the best one they had.

Toyota's 4th season was their best. They were pretty mediocre in '02, '03 and '04 and then the team peaked in 2005 with 4th in the WCC, courtesy of Jarno Trulli and Ralf Schumacher and the Indianapolis disaster, which elevated Ferrari to 3rd overall.
Side note on Caterham cars....does anyone actually drive them. I live in Leicester close to their plant, never seen anyone drive them though!!!

Do you see many Ferrari, Lotus, or Marussia?
so next year will be Caterhams year then lol

If they follow in Toyota's footsteps, they should get their first front row start in Melbourne, and be on the podium in Sepang! :P

See our F1 related articles too!