FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

For Formula One and Motorsport related videos and images.
By LewEngBridewell
If anyone's interested, the news round-up program called Inside F1 is on the BBC News Channel at the moment. Eddie Jordan is on too. :D
By LRW
If anyone's interested, the news round-up program called Inside F1 is on the BBC News Channel at the moment. Eddie Jordan is on too. :D

I was just skipping through channels for something to watch. Cheers.
By LewEngBridewell

I was just skipping through channels for something to watch. Cheers.

And a nice bit of Murray Walker too. :cloud9: That top 20 F1 drivers countdown will be enjoyable.
By LewEngBridewell
A bit of Inside F1 will be coming on the BBC News Channel soonish, within the next 10 minutes approx. Just so you all know! :)
By myownalias
I actually watched the BBC coverage (delayed by 14 hours, a twisting windy type of thing prevented me from watching live), and to be honest I prefer the Sky coverage, I don't like the new commentator guy on the BBC, DC was OK but I thought the DC/MB combo was much better.
By andrew
Ben Edwards - used to commentate on the BTCC on ITV. His first race was a bit frantic but he's improved hugely. This is the best that F1 commentary has been on the BBC since Murray Walker.
By Blackavar
He's good.

There's still too many silly errors though. Like when a name is on screen and he says a different one, only to correct himself later. Great potential though. DC is guiding him well.
By Frontrunner
Ben Edwards and David Coulthard make a very good and even commentary team. :thumbup:

I tend to agree to this, even though i haven't heard them in action. Us aussie viewers will be getting the sky commentary feed all year. Its just that Coulthard seem pretty up to date with how the modern f1 car works and Ben Edwards seem okay on the ear from his work from A1GP and BTTC. My ideal pairing would be Brundle and Coulthard but if you made me choose from either the current BBC or Sky commentary feed, I would lean towards the BBC duo.

David Croft has still been making a few mistakes with drivers but has been getting better. Not sure about Ben Edwards?? I guess the only people that get access to both BBC and SKY can only judge who makes more stupid blunders.
By Frontrunner
There's still too many silly errors though. Like when a name is on screen and he says a different one, only to correct himself later. Great potential though. DC is guiding him well.

David Croft is sort of the same, makes a mistake then corrects himself or Martin corrects him, In the last race, onboard Bruno Senna William's and Croft said it was Rosberg at first:irked:
By Ichabod
I think that Ben Edward's and David Coulthard's chemistry has improved most since the season started
I much preferred the BBC's commentary to Sky offering in China

David Croft likes the sound of his own voice too much and makes far too many mistakes for a guy who has commentated on F1 for a couple of years
and Brundel just cant hide his dislike for Schumacher and still thinks he's the lead commentator
By andrew
David Croft was good on Radio 5 Live but his biggest flaw was that he got way too excited and went into fanboy mode at times. Anthony Davidson was the perfect match for him and usually reigned him in. All in all they were a good pairing. Have to agree with Brundle liking the sound of his own voice and not being professional enough to hide his diskie from Schumacher (probably still bitter about the 1992 Belgian GP :hehe: ).

He's good.

To be fair it's a learning process but Coulthard seems to be a good guide.
By LewEngBridewell
Ben Edwards - used to commentate on the BTCC on ITV. His first race was a bit frantic but he's improved hugely. This is the best that F1 commentary has been on the BBC since Murray Walker.

I'm inclined to agree with this. 8-)
By vaptin
The BBC presenters seem to have a really good rapport with the F1 paddock, I think the teams and drivers prefer being talked to after the race weekend and Coulthard and Eddie have some f1 prestige.
By headless

No, last year with DC and Brundle was great.

See our F1 related articles too!