FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

I am not his biggest fan, but to be fair to him, after 2 races this year in a car that everyone including his own team are calling a dog he is winning the championship and has won a race.
If Fernando has a support thread, I best start a Jenson Button support thread... :P

But picking up on your point of FA leading (not winning) the championship; he was fortunate to be leading the drivers title race, former #1 and #2 drivers not finishing and conditions played into his hands, if it was dry in Malaysia, he wouldn't have come close to winning, probably not even a podium, but you do have to give FA credit for capitalising on the conditions!
If Fernando has a support thread, I best start a Jenson Button support thread... :P

But picking up on your point of FA leading (not winning) the championship; he was fortunate to be leading the drivers title race, former #1 and #2 drivers not finishing and conditions played into his hands, if it was dry in Malaysia, he wouldn't have come close to winning, probably not even a podium, but you do have to give FA credit for capitalising on the conditions!

your right about by terminology about winning/leading :blush: I was thinking about the winning the race as I was typing. You have to admit for whatever reason he has dragged the car to places it should not of been? Or is Massa that far off the pace?

your right about by terminology about winning/leading :blush: I was thinking about the winning the race as I was typing. You have to admit for whatever reason he has dragged the car to places it should not of been? Or is Massa that far off the pace?

There is no doubt that FA is in a different class of driver from FM, the Brazilian has been nowhere since his return from injury in 2010! Alonso is clearly making the difference to the F2012. I'm no fan of Alonso but I will always give credit where it's due and his drive in Malaysia was brilliant, I'm just saying that the conditions were a true contributing factor to his win!

There is no doubt that FA is in a different class of driver from FM, the Brazilian has been nowhere since his return from injury in 2010! Alonso is clearly making the difference to the F2012. I'm no fan of Alonso but I will always give credit where it's due and his drive in Malaysia was brilliant, I'm just saying that the conditions were a true contributing factor to his win!

I feel sorry for Massa, I always kind of liked him as a driver but I have to admit I was a bit shocked when Ferrari signed him

Just use the Lewis V Jenson one :wink:

Fernando Alonso does indeed deserve to have a thread of his own, although fans of the Spaniard don't appear to come in great numbers around this neck of the woods...
the consistency of some with the aggressiveness of others, nice mix of skills indeed.

yup. There lies his strength. He can be very aggressive and very calculative. And seems to know a lot about getting the cars to work for him... adjustability.

Lots of very good drivers on the track right now though, but picking a driver to win the title without having the best car narrows it down to maybe 2 great drivers (as of now and today), maybe 3:

1) Alonso. He can win the title without the best car. Absolutely.
2) Jenson. Because he is very consistent and can sometimes win some races without the best car/ or crazy conditions... he can win a title in not the best car.

3) Lewis... he can make the not best car win. Absolutely. If only he was truly consistent, we could be talking about the same title-wise.

4) Kimi?
5) Schumacher?
I have been a fan of him since I started watching f1 in 2010. I think I've seen him make two mistakes in the last 2.5 years. Well, during a race, I mean!! He goes off plenty during practice and qualifying, but once those red lights go out for the big time, he rarely puts a foot wrong.
Fernando Alonso does indeed deserve to have a thread of his own, although fans of the Spaniard don't appear to come in great numbers around this neck of the woods...

Do you not wonder why Alonso/Spanish fans don't make themselves known?! :banghead:

Just use the Lewis V Jenson one :wink:

Hi everyone, I'm an ardent Alonso fan and I'm from Uganda. *Drops the mic*

See our F1 related articles too!