FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Celebrate over sixty years of F1 - your memories, experiences and opinions.

No1 British Driver Ever?

Sterling Moss
7%
Jackie Stewart
31%
Damon Hill/Graham Hill
5%
Nigel Mansell
12%
John Surtees
No votes
0%
Jenson Button
3%
David Coulthard
7%
Jim Clark
29%
James Hunt
3%
Mike Hawthorn
3%
By andrew
Why are Graham and Damon Hill lumped together? From what I've seen and read I'd say that Graham Hill was a hell of a lot better than his son. I know polls only allow 10 options but maybe one of the less inspiring British drivers listed could have been omitted.

Less inspiring? Damon Hill? He's a bloody champion for goodness sake, and might have been a double one had he not been the victim of a certain German's road rage! :P:whip:

Best car in 94, 95 and 96 yet only managed to get the championship in 96 when the only real ompetition was his team mate who was often faster.

With regard to '96 it's the points that matter at the end of the day! :twisted: He's a champion and you can't argue with that.

Yeah, thank goodness for team orders. Villeneuve would have beat by a long way otherwise!

Well, let's not start another conspiracy debate about what could've been :hehe::wink:

No conspiracy needed with this one.
By scotty
Yeah, thank goodness for team orders. Villeneuve would have beat by a long way otherwise!

Lol good one, anyone would think you were trolling making a claim as ridiculous as that. Hill won by 19 points, a massive margin. :yawn:
Clark, Moss, Hamilton, Stewart
Shame the Hills are on the same line, one I class as one of the best the other one of the worst.

So vote and then comment on which one you voted for, also it was 4 and half years ago who keeps digging this crap up?? :P
Moss was better than his results look.

Tom Pryce should be number 1

:thumbup: 5 2nd places in the championship was it to Moss? he was WELL better than he looked!!
also it was 4 and half years ago who keeps digging this crap up?? :P

:blush:

It's all good fun :wink:

:thumbup: 5 2nd places in the championship was it to Moss? he was WELL better than he looked!!

Are you calling him frumpy? :hehe:
By andrew

Are you calling him frumpy? :hehe:

He wouldn't get away with blackening up like that these days. :hehe:
He wouldn't get away with blackening up like that these days. :hehe:

Well, he'd just look like one of Alonso's fans at Barcelona a few years ago! :P:whip::twisted:

See our F1 related articles too!