FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Formula One related discussion.
By geetface9
From the forumula1.com front page

In an attempt to make F1 greener, a new proposed mandate from 2015 will see Formula One teams given a limited amount of fuel to last the season, with the fuel allowance decreasing by 15 percent each following year.

In recent years, the sport has attempted to create a greener vision with ideas such as the Kinetic Energy Reduction System (KERS) – to make F1 more environmentally friendly, road relevant whilst continuing to foster innovation – and a move to V6 engines.

The new proposed directive will see teams given a set amount of fuel at the start of the season. Friday practice will be exempt from the fuel saving mandate; All qualifying and race laps must be run using fuel from the teams’ fuel allowance.

It is understood that the fuel allowance is per team, not per driver, therefore tactics may have a huge part to play towards the end of each season with some drivers potentially sitting out some races to help their team-mates title chances.

After the 2015 season, each following season will see the teams’ fuel allowance reducing by 15 percent. This means that Formula One teams will be forced to either make their cars more fuel efficient or find alternative ways to power their cars. Experts have suggested that some alternative sources of energy may include a mini nuclear reactor, gas turbine, pedal power, or wind power.

Now this is a brilliant april fools!!! Pedal power or wind power?! Drivers sitting out for races?? (That would work at ferrari :hehe: )

:rofl::rofl::rofl:
How much uranium would a nuclear powered team be limited to? Maybe this is what Iran is preparing for since they are building a racetrack too.

Even though this is a joke I would much rather see the engines limited in this way (not meaning the alternative sources) instead of the current rev/displacement/no of cylinder limits and regs.
Word!! I can hear hamilton yelling over the radio, "I'M RUNNING OUT OF YELLOW CAKE!!!!!"

:rofl:

[youtube]DFyuhTwi_OE[/youtube]
By whoelse
Word!! I can hear hamilton yelling over the radio, "I'M RUNNING OUT OF YELLOW CAKE!!!!!"

:rofl:

[youtube]DFyuhTwi_OE[/youtube]

Thank you for flying Church of England. Cake or Death?
Interesting April Fools.

But, I'd like to see the teams be given a fixed amount of fuel per race, as they have in MotoGP. It would encourage engine development to maximise efficiency, not just to burn as much fuel as they possibly can. And engines would become more even as it's harder to increase efficiency.
By scotty
Interesting April Fools.

But, I'd like to see the teams be given a fixed amount of fuel per race, as they have in MotoGP. It would encourage engine development to maximise efficiency, not just to burn as much fuel as they possibly can. And engines would become more even as it's harder to increase efficiency.

Combine that with a completely free reign on KERS and that'd work excellently in my view.
Interesting April Fools.

who's in your avatar? I need to know. :twisted:
By andrew
Interesting April Fools.

who's in your avatar? I need to know. :twisted:

So do I! :wavey:

See the Ra Ra Riot thread.

And the very cute young Mexican woman avatar I adopted after Perez's brilliant drive to second place didn't even generate a single comment. (That I noticed).

And the very cute young Mexican woman avatar I adopted after Perez's brilliant drive to second place didn't even generate a single comment. (That I noticed).

I'm afraid I missed that one :( But I do live in what was Mexico 150 years ago, now known as Arizona, so it's probably something I'm quite accustomed to here...the latina chicks sure do have it where it counts :twisted:
By andrew

I'm afraid I missed that one :( But I do live in what was Mexico 150 years ago, now known as Arizona, so it's probably something I'm quite accustomed to here...the latina chicks sure do have it where it counts :twisted:

They have mathematical :boobies: ?! Must be something in the water. :hehe:

See our F1 related articles too!