FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

By LewEngBridewell
Did anyone notice that Kimi also set the fastest lap in the race! That's the typical speed-demon that is Kimi. :thumbup:

Yeah, brings back memories of his last year in Ferrari...he'd be absolutely nowhere and setting fastest laps in the closing stages of every race. :hehe:

Ah, you've just reminded me... I was going to make a comment on the fastest lap being set by Kimi Raikkonen.

Seb may like getting the fastest laps to boost his stats, but he better watch out! Kimi Raikkonen is a fastest-lap-demon! The flying Finn has won 18 Grands Prix, and has taken pole 16 times. However, he can be mighty quick during the course of the race, and has duly set the fastest lap on 36 occasions now! Only Michael Schumacher and Alain Prost have done better. 8-)
By McLaren
Did anyone notice that Kimi also set the fastest lap in the race! That's the typical speed-demon that is Kimi. :thumbup:

Yeah, brings back memories of his last year in Ferrari...he'd be absolutely nowhere and setting fastest laps in the closing stages of every race. :hehe:

Ah, you've just reminded me... I was going to make a comment on the fastest lap being set by Kimi Raikkonen.

Seb may like getting the fastest laps to boost his stats, but he better watch out! Kimi Raikkonen is a fastest-lap-demon! The flying Finn has won 18 Grands Prix, and has taken pole 16 times. However, he can be mighty quick during the course of the race, and has duly set the fastest lap on 36 occasions now! Only Michael Schumacher and Alain Prost have done better. 8-)

Perhaps going for fastest laps when he didn't have to cost kimi a title or two at McLaren :rolleyes: Pointless stat I really don't know why people try for it.
By LewEngBridewell

Perhaps going for fastest laps when he didn't have to cost kimi a title or two at McLaren :rolleyes: Pointless stat I really don't know why people try for it.

Probably to show people that they're fast :hehe:
By McLaren

Probably to show people that they're fast :hehe:

:hehe:
By andrew

Bragging rights, nothing more.
By acosmichippo
Especially when the "fastest lap" is really something sussed out in qualifying. Fastest lap during a race is all about luck - who has the best tires, least fuel, engine mode up to 11, and least traffic.
By stonemonkey
Especially when the "fastest lap" is really something sussed out in qualifying. Fastest lap during a race is all about luck - who has the best tires, least fuel, engine mode up to 11, and least traffic.

And when the car and driver become one, even though it's only 100ths or 1000ths of a second the driver knows it was a fast lap without looking at the timing. It's not luck, it's getting in the zone and knowing exactly what the car and track are doing. Yes it takes low fuel and a clear lap but there's more to it than that. And that's where Kimi's at his best.
By bud
I think he means in a race sometimes the fastest driver doesn't have the fastest lap because of tyres fuel track life all coming together.
By myownalias
Would be cool though if the fastest lap gave 1 WC point imo :)

Indeed and also a point for pole position, that would give the drivers in the top 10 shootout more incentive to go out there and give it 110% to claim pole!
By scotty
Surely driver of the day today? :)
By Hammer278

For sure.

11th to 2nd, overtaking left/right/centre its hard to find stuff like this these days. Kimi the man!! :clap:
By bud

For sure.

11th to 2nd, overtaking left/right/centre its hard to find stuff like this these days. Kimi the man!! :clap:

With McLaren having a shocker he was the only glimmer of hope today :hehe:
By vlad
He surely did shine today! :clap:

See our F1 related articles too!