FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

For Formula One and Motorsport related videos and images.
By Blackavar
I too, was very happy with what the BBC gave us. Ben Edwards is a very excitable chap isn't he? N'aww.

Yeah, he's better than Brundle, he's better than Legard, he's better than the woeful James Allen.... he's the best we've had in the past decade! 8-)

You know what? I don't miss Martin Brundle in the slightest! And I never thought I'd say that. :eek::hehe:

I miss his gridwalk. Aside from that I think I'd rather Ben Edwards at the moment.
By andrew
James Allen was and is the worst thing to happen to F1 commentary ever in the history of mankind, past, present and future!

Martin Brundle was far too biased towards the Englanders and couldn't hide his dislike of some drivers. Legard was just a twat that was addicted to asking questions (I thought a commentator was meant to tell us viewers what's going on, not ask us).

Ben Edwards and David Coulthard make a very good and even commentary team. :thumbup:

Still, none of them will ever better Murray Walker. :D

The qualifying coverage was a bit too disjointed. There was a red flag mentioned at one point but it was anyones guess whether they were referring to a practise session or the qualifying. The waffle between Q1, Q2 and Q3 was just that - waffle. They could have easily have fitted the entire qualifying session into their programme and have a bit of waffle.
By myownalias
And when it comes to waffling, from what I've heard, Simon Lazenby doesn't seem very good in the driving seat over at Sky...

To be honest, I never watched the pre-race build up on Sky, just switched on at race time, even did that last year with the BBC... not very interested in the pointless waffle!
By LewEngBridewell
James Allen was and is the worst thing to happen to F1 commentary ever in the history of mankind, past, present and future!

Martin Brundle was far too biased towards the Englanders and couldn't hide his dislike of some drivers. Legard was just a twat that was addicted to asking questions (I thought a commentator was meant to tell us viewers what's going on, not ask us).

Ben Edwards and David Coulthard make a very good and even commentary team. :thumbup:

Still, none of them will ever better Murray Walker. :D

I agree on ALL counts! :clap::thumbup:
By LRW
I watched some of the post-race coverage on BBC. And I can say hand on heart, this beat Sky hands down.

They had so many talks with racers, and talks that lasted for a decent amount. This was very different to Skys offereing.

I will definetily be watching the BBC coverage on their live races, and then Sky for the ones BBC only has highlights of. I will keep giving Sky a chance though - it was only their 1st race.
By LewEngBridewell
This is great! http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/formula1/17507063

:yes:

A great watch! I'm glad they've continued doing the forum, it's always great fun :D

Ehem! Batting for the other side as well, eh?

Erm... I confess I do not quite understand what you're referring to. What other side? I've stayed with the BBC, and never ventured to Sky! I've been batting for the Beeb all along!
By darwin dali

A great watch! I'm glad they've continued doing the forum, it's always great fun :D

Erm... I confess I do not quite understand what you're referring to. What other side? I've stayed with the BBC, and never ventured to Sky! I've been batting for the Beeb all along!

The 'forum' bit... :whip::whip:
By LewEngBridewell

The "F1 Forum" is part of the BBC's post race coverage!!! I wasn't making any comments about other forums!! :yikes::hehe:
By darwin dali

The "F1 Forum" is part of the BBC's post race coverage!!! I wasn't making any comments about other forums!! :yikes::hehe:

Alright honey :whip::hehe:

See our F1 related articles too!