FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Discuss GP2, A1, Rallying, Indycar, Nascar and all other racing series!
By Hammer278
Anyone? Race 1 just finished around an hour ago...an insane race, both strategically and pace wise. Last lap overtaking for the lead. I'd say one hell of a substitute for F1 incase the latter dies.

I'm hooked ever since watching this vid quite some time ago...

[youtube]94_9qO19z-0[/youtube]

Jamie Whincup & Holden fan. Helps that his title sponsor is Vodafone...helps me relate to them more. :D
By bud
I had to work today but I have pit straight passes for tomorrow. I haven't seen the race but sounds like a ripper :(

And yeah In Australia you're brought up either Holden or Ford, I was brought up Holden. Even when Team Vodafone was with Ford because of their livery i couldn't help but follow them as hey its like McLaren. I was stoked when they moved to Holden, made everything fall into place. :hehe:

http://www.v8supercars.com.au/multimedi ... fault.aspx

Not sure if you can see this outside of Australia,Race 1 highlights! Loundes car control when getting a puncture then drifting her into the pits is impressive. :thumbup:
By Hammer278
Totally, he would be excused for spinning the car there! That was fantastic...they replayed the moment at least 5 times during the race. :D

Whincup's laps at the front reminded me of the old Mika days....ripping apart the track lap after lap due to having to make an extra stop all the time. Brilliant stuff.
By vlad
Anyone? Race 1 just finished around an hour ago...an insane race, both strategically and pace wise. Last lap overtaking for the lead. I'd say one hell of a substitute for F1 incase the latter dies.

I'm hooked ever since watching this vid quite some time ago...

[youtube]94_9qO19z-0[/youtube]

Jamie Whincup & Holden fan. Helps that his title sponsor is Vodafone...helps me relate to them more. :D

I like these races a lot! Gizzy is my favorite driver, that young man is just amazing! I like Wincup too, but Shane is the brightest star there... And, don't forget, Whincup's car is a bit stronger than Gizzy's.
By Frontrunner
awesome race!! :D Jamie did say it was his best ever win, he drove a amazing race. And the best part is that we go again tomorrow 8-)

As for the new Vodafone triple 8 livery, would prefer more silver/chrome paint on it like last year, the 2011 livery was nice. But with this year's Triple 8 cars, it sure stands out with that orange glow colour, but my favourite livery is the Holden racing team's with the a touch of gold on it.
By Hammer278
Race 2 was pretty much redemption for Ford I guess. Great drive from Davidson...never really challenged when Whincup faded from the scene.

Which still confuses me...why or how did he lose 4 places in a series of corners and then able to lap around the same speed? Was there something wrong with the car or a fuel issue?

And is it just me, or are these guys a bit more lenient in terms of defending a position compared to Formula 1? They rarely go on the defensive line when there's a car just inches behind their tail lights .
By Frontrunner
Will deserved that one, he drove a great weekend and happy for him to even if he is driving for the factory Ford team.

Which still confuses me...why or how did he lose 4 places in a series of corners and then able to lap around the same speed? Was there something wrong with the car or a fuel issue?

It was strange, I would say fuel related, Jamie did report some issue when he was using fuel setting 4 ( lean as you can go) and then after losing a few places he went back to fuel setting 3. Its pretty clear that the FPR Fords have the best fuel economy which is very handy aswell as a fast car.

And is it just me, or are these guys a bit more lenient in terms of defending a position compared to Formula 1? They rarely go on the defensive line when there's a car just inches behind their tail lights .

I know you are not allowed to block too much in V8s. Not really sure what the exact ruling is but you can drive defensive a bit but you just can't over do it lap after lap like what use see in F1.
By bud
I went on Sunday had seats on pit straight, You could hear Whincup had a misfiring engine when he went past each lap. Hearing the commentary on the replay the engineers were telling him to change engine maps, he changed it to the leakiest setting aside from the SC setting. So he was down on power.

Apparently over night team Vodafone made some fuel mapping adjustments which stuffed around the engines for both cars Sunday.
By Frontrunner
Still a okay result for Vodafone triple 8 considering the issues I guess, Looks like the normal suspects up front with Vodafone 888, FPR, HRT and SBR behind them. I would think that FPR look to be the biggest threat to Vodafone 888 after a very good weekend at Clipsal, probably their best weekend ever in Adelaide.
By oaba09
Great win by whincup!
Bummed about what happened to lowndes but based on what I saw, it looks like team vodafone will have another great year! :clap:
By Frontrunner
Mercedes will line up on the 2013 grid as the 4th manufacturer to compete, Stone Brothers Racing in partnership with Melbourne-based Erebus Motorsport. The team will be running three racing versions of the German manufacturer's E-Class model (Mercedes-AMG E63) but the team will not be factory team therefore get no funding from Mercedes, AMG or even Mercedes Australia, its all funded by Erebus Motorsport

http://www.theage.com.au/sport/motorsport/mercedes-adds-star-power-to-v8-supercars-20120919-265v8.html
By vlad
Wow, Merc joining up. :yikes::clap:
By scotty
That's an odd one...

4th Manufacturer? Who is the 3rd? Ford, Holden and...?

See our F1 related articles too!