FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Questions and answers about going to a race weekend
By LRW
Ive done it in a campervan.

Depends on your definition of 'good'?

What do you want to know? - quality of 'facilities', space, noise, things to do, food / shops available.

Im doing it in the camper again this year.
Ive done it in a campervan.

Depends on your definition of 'good'?

What do you want to know? - quality of 'facilities', space, noise, things to do, food / shops available.

Im doing it in the camper again this year.

If the van's a rockin' then don't come a knokin' :hehe:
I camped in the lively section last year and as you already know it was absolutely pouring it down all weekend the campsite was a huge swamp! But the entertainment and everything was really good. Going to be taking my girlfriend with me this year so we going to going in the family side of campsite as I was bein woken up at like 3 in the mornin with peoples loud music etc. Overall it's great just take some wellies and a descent tent! If your going in a tent that is.

With my father-in-law and brother-in-law..... er. no.

No gurlz? :eek:
By McLaren
Last time I camped there ,the golf club near Stowe opened some land up.Which was very handy,you were allowed in the clubhouse in the evening for very good value meals and drink,till 23.30.
Added to that it was a two minute walk to Stowe grandstand from there. :thumbup:
I have no idea if they do it every year though.
By LRW

Nope - lads weekend. Much to my wifes dissapointment :hehe:

Nope - lads weekend. Much to my wifes dissapointment :hehe:

A fine threesome then.
By McLaren
thanks guys... can you just walk from the campsite to the track then and stand at club corner.

Most campsites back onto the circuit.Just make sure the one you book does when booking.Getting round the circuit is no problem once there,so it doesn't really matter what side of the circuit you are.
Normal camping is like £66 per person can't imagine how much this would cost :confused:
By McLaren
Holy :censored: didn't look at the prices till you said.It was only about £15 a night per tent when we went.There wasn't a price extra for per person.£60 a night is a bit much for a campsite.
Was only 2008 when i camped there
By racechick
Its about £15 pp a night at Windmill (maybe less, cant remember). Its basic but its nearest to the track-easy walk, just behind Copse. Relatively quiet unless you park next to a disco tent but within walking distance of Silverstone pubs, the fair and the Old Etonians disco marquee, also of course easy to get back to any evening entertainment at the track .

See our F1 related articles too!