- 17 Mar 12, 14:18#294754
They have someone to learn from, right? 
"I can only say that Red Bull gives you wings. It’s as simple as that."


F1 and Motorsport Forums

synsei wrote:Well, despite my initial misgivings that was an excellent quali effort from the BBC, they judged it just right IMO. A good balance between action and discussion. Maybe there is hope yet...Really? The commentators were ok but the filler sections were annoying as hell. They could have easily have shown qualifying in full and then have a quick recap at the end. Another poor effort from the BBC!
andrew wrote:You should have seen what was on SKY if you think that was poor!! And they had all the time they wanted.synsei wrote:Well, despite my initial misgivings that was an excellent quali effort from the BBC, they judged it just right IMO. A good balance between action and discussion. Maybe there is hope yet...Really? The commentators were ok but the filler sections were annoying as hell. They could have easily have shown qualifying in full and then have a quick recap at the end. Another poor effort from the BBC!
andrew wrote:But let's be honest Andrew, WHATEVER the BBC came up with, the odds were. Clearly against you liking it. Because you've made it obvious you don't like BBC.synsei wrote:Well, despite my initial misgivings that was an excellent quali effort from the BBC, they judged it just right IMO. A good balance between action and discussion. Maybe there is hope yet...Really? The commentators were ok but the filler sections were annoying as hell. They could have easily have shown qualifying in full and then have a quick recap at the end. Another poor effort from the BBC!

LRW wrote:Well I expected a poor effort from the BBC and that is what was delivered however this is what I am stuck with for the time being. Hopefully what they class as "extended highlights" of the race will be better.andrew wrote:But let's be honest Andrew, WHATEVER the BBC came up with, the odds were. Clearly against you liking it. Because you've made it obvious you don't like BBC.synsei wrote:Well, despite my initial misgivings that was an excellent quali effort from the BBC, they judged it just right IMO. A good balance between action and discussion. Maybe there is hope yet...Really? The commentators were ok but the filler sections were annoying as hell. They could have easily have shown qualifying in full and then have a quick recap at the end. Another poor effort from the BBC!
Why don't you just find a dodgy site to stream sky from and then mute it? From all your posts it's clear that you just want action and none of the pre/post punditry?
scotty wrote:Sky's pre and post-quali was crap imo. And i HATE that Skypad feature, so unnecessary, lots of style and very little substance in that. Ted and Martin are still completely brilliant though, the BBC has no answer for those guys.How did it compare to the 2 hour Sky advert, I mean season preview on Pick TV last Saturday night? Much the same sort of thing?
andrew wrote:I didn't see that in the end, what was on it?scotty wrote:Sky's pre and post-quali was crap imo. And i HATE that Skypad feature, so unnecessary, lots of style and very little substance in that. Ted and Martin are still completely brilliant though, the BBC has no answer for those guys.How did it compare to the 2 hour Sky advert, I mean season preview on Pick TV last Saturday night? Much the same sort of thing?

scotty wrote:I watched for about half an hour but got fed-up with the adverts for the Sky F1 channel both during the programme and the ad-breaks. Aside from that, the bit I saw had Martin Brundle and Ted Kravitz discussing the Red Bull rear end. It was nothing special, you didn't miss anything that you probably hadn't already picked up from other sources.andrew wrote:I didn't see that in the end, what was on it?scotty wrote:Sky's pre and post-quali was crap imo. And i HATE that Skypad feature, so unnecessary, lots of style and very little substance in that. Ted and Martin are still completely brilliant though, the BBC has no answer for those guys.How did it compare to the 2 hour Sky advert, I mean season preview on Pick TV last Saturday night? Much the same sort of thing?
vlad wrote:And they really can't hide (didn't even try) their joy because british drivers/team are/is on the front row... Same reason I stopped watching F1 on RTL (commercials too). That's so unprofessional.David Croft does get quite excitable particularly when a Brit is on the go. Anthony Davidson was the perfect match (kept Croft under control I think
McLaren Racing opened its new state-of-the-art Rac[…]
Madring was a pretty dull race. I wouldn't mi[…]
Not sure yet, but it looks that way - Kimi is on[…]
Swap-in out addons, use only what you really need!