FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Formula One related discussion.
By Enlightened
MSC left the sport on a low note. Two years of loosing to young FA.
When he got his 7th title, everyone told him to leave at the top. But he was greedy and wanted more. Well, here he is 2 years later, still with 7 titles being beaten by 25 years old FA. Like FA said, it was great competing against MSC and beating him twice.
Maybe his engine failure at Suzuka and the fuel pump problems are the price he paid for all the cheating and the favors he got from the FIA.
Even Ecclestone showed a little of criticism towards MSC when he said that he would have liked to see him compete with someone great who has the same car. We all know that his Ferrari contract has given him a lot of advantage and maybe without it he wouldn't have won 7 titles. If the field was leveled between MSC and BRC, things would have been different for MSC.
There is no doubt that MSC is one of F1 greatest, but I don't think people will remember him a lot in future. He will be mentioned from time to time when his records are broken. But that's it. I think the media and most fans are tired of MSC and his pranks and are glad to see him leave.
Asta la vista, Michael.javascript:emoticon(':lol:')
Laughing
By darwin dali
Whatever :roll:
By bud
Karma isnt just hoodoo talk huh :lol:
By certom
probably you don't remember, or you simply want to ignore, what has been the 2005 season for Schumi. And this year he lost the title not for his fault. Yeah, he crashed in Australia. Then he was unfairly penalized in monaco and then 2 engine brakes in 2 weeks after 6 years........
By Dazza
I was under the impression MSC helped re-build the Ferrari team. It's not like he had the fastest car in 1996. In 2005, FA was competing against Kimi Raikkonen, not MSC. Kimi may well have won the title last year, if his car had been more reliable. MSC was never in contention in '05 mainly due to his tyres as i understand it. Kimi could also have won the 2003 title, but again had reliability issues. I agree a couple of harsh decisions went against Renault this year. But didn't FA brake test MSC in Hungary under waved flags? I would consider that cheating, albeit a subtle form of cheating.
By bud
Certom youre kidding yourself arent you? unfairly punished in Monaco.
By saying that
A. you have no idea about racing
B. Youre a stubborn Ferrari sheep who will walk off a cliff if they so proclaimed you to do so

so which is it? cos its one of the above!!

Lost title not for his fault?? hey if you want to start whinging about that why not try telling that sob story to Kimi or Mika, cos if it wasnt for car failures Mika and Kimi would have won more titles and taken away from your gods all time count of 7!

Dazza No Alonso didnt brake test Schumi he got introuble for brake testing Doornbos. And brake testing has always been around in all racing its apart of the game! parking your car so people cant get in a time now thats a new form of cheating right there ;)
By Stephen
Let us not forget though Bud, that Schumacher could have easily won 9 titles, if not 10 had he stayed out of the barriers at Silverstone....

He's a legend, for good and bad reasons, but I don't think we'll see such a complete driver in F1 again. Such things as car control can be matched, but in my opinion it was his mind that separated him from the rest - parking in the middle of the road in Monaco wasn't his greatest moment, but it was hilarious; pedigree Schumacher tactics.

I'm no fan, but I’ve warmed to him toward the end of this season. F1 will miss him, as will I. Having spent almost 20 weekends for the past 16 years watching him on the television, I feel quite sad he won't be there in the future.

I disagree that it had anything to do with Karma, Brazil was just an unlucky race, if we examined his career we’d find that his luck usually abandons him during the most crucial moments during a championship (remember that puncture at Suzuka, or even the drive from the back of the field at the same race track).

It's very easy to paint a horrid picture of Michael, but if we shared such a burning ambition, we may even emulate his antics. Let's also remember all the good he's done for the sport, such as improving driver safety, the huge contributions to charities, the turnaround of Ferrari and not forgetting, the entertainment of the largest regular sporting audience (circa 350 million people) every other weekend.

If we had to have a go at a driver, Alonso would be a much easier target...! :roll:
By Marco
Lol, you are so gonna be shot down for that stephen! :D

But well said. I think we all have strong views on f1 and that's the trouble, but i like this forum best of all because the views are usually well backed up and we know when we're wrong.
By darwin dali
Thanks for that, Stephen. :)
By Irv the Swerve
I think Buds a bit mad that a Mclaren driver is going to Ferarri!! :mrgreen::P:)
By bud
I was pointing out to Certom you cant cry about engine failures or things that arent driver error. Cos Mika and Kimi would have most certainly won titles if they had not had engine failures whilst leading races.

Mind seperates Schumacher? how so its his mind that has let him down in crucial moments in his career. he has made stupid mistakes when the pressure was on! pressure is when you really find out about a persons mental strength...

But hey check this video out, Schumacher fans will enjoy it, footage from Karting to F1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3EIpukEfkj0
By Stephen
Yup, I can't remember the exact figures off hand, but I believe ITV-F1 mentioned that Kimi had retired something like 30 times in 90 races for McLaren, and had the same number of podiums. Assuming that's a true statistic (and my mind isn't playing tricks on me), it's no wonder Kimi is moving to Ferrari.
By bud
not to mention the engine changes and grid penalties which cost him victories last year.

but his only real chances were in 03 and 05 and both years engine failures whilst leading races easily cost him wins and in the end titles, but hey thats racing :P cant whing about what ifs!

but yeah its time to move on for Kimi same as Fernando, try something new! and in Kimis case try to win titles
Last edited by bud on 25 Oct 06, 14:15, edited 1 time in total.
By Irv the Swerve
Altough bud, I suppose your not complaining about kimi leaving since youre going to have a Double World Champion!!
By bud
Yeah 2000 was the last year a Mclarens had the number one on the car hehe although this way doesnt really count. same as when Schumacher and Prost brought the number one to Ferrari.

hey what is your gaelic message in your sig?

See our F1 related articles too!