FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Formula One related discussion.
By Irv the Swerve
Today, Massa told ITV that he wont let Kimi be No.1 at Ferarri and I dont think Massa is a pushover either!! I love Massa's raw pace that he should a number of times throughout the season and at Brazil and he will be more attack minded in his second season.
By darwin dali
Go Massa, Gooooooooo!
Hey, I'm in search of a new hero - might as well, especially since he's got a link with Sauber. Back to the olden days of my F1 interest when I supported another Brazilian. No, not AS, it was EF and later also NP.
By Irv the Swerve
I liked Sauber as well but i have never seen Emerson drive before but i wished i have. I have only seen small clips of him. When was he champion again...74..75??
By darwin dali
This question coming from you, claiming you're getting to good for me and my questions and not finishing up the questions I posted - OUCH :mrgreen:

72 and 74
By Irv the Swerve
I said for the others to have a go because i was answering them all!! :)

Are you not going to have a try at my Safety Car Questions??

Neslon Piquet Jr has his foot in the door of F1 with Renault. He will be a good prospect for the near future.
By darwin dali
Nope, no. 3 and 5 are still out...
By Irv the Swerve
Somebody else will answer them because i gave most of the answers. :|
By bud
Kimi doesnt need a team mate contract clause. And DD dont forget if its Sauber link youre looking for at choosing Massa Kimi got his GP break by Sauber ;)

But seriously Massa isnt in the same league as the Kimi's, Schueys, or Fernando's dont be kidding yourselves into thinking he will beat Kimi next year.
Ferrari got Kimi to replace Schumacher for a reason!
By darwin dali
I know. KR is also a Sauber protégé and I'm sympathetic to him as well, sort of like I liked Mika to a certain extent. But my heart was never with MH the way it was with MS or AP or...
I could see myself 'falling' for FM though. You say he's not in the same league and then you list KR, MS, and FA. MS is in his own league for starters and I don't think FM will use MS as the yardstick. But KR and FA, sure, why not? He's beaten them both already and and having smelled blood twice recently, he is now hungry for more success. If he can keep his s*** together, he'll be a formidable opponent for anybody on the grid and will figure prominently in the title battle.
By bud
I woudlnt put my house on Massa if i were you! Kimi will prove you Massa lovers all wrong. and open your eyes ;)

PS why is Mike in a different league? Just because of his stats? if you cant compare massa or Nando & Kimi to him then why can you compare Kimi, massa to Fernando ? he has 2 titles to their none! see i look at drivers skills rather than stats. and stats are determined by the car they drive. and Kimi Fernando and Mike were the top 3 drivers this year.
By darwin dali
What is the base for your top 3 status of KR? Why don't you include FM in the top? He drove some great races, even won a couple.

Your question about MS being in a different league, I don't even dignify with an answer.
By bud
im not basing my top 3 on the level of their car but of the level of the driver!

well why are you judging an artists work before its finished? Fernando and Kimi in ten years may well have surpassed Mikes stats so only then will they be in his league?
see its rubbish im grouping drivers together based on their skill. simple dont like it go back to swaziland.... :P i mean Switzerland
By darwin dali
Well, FM drove some great races for Sauber, leaping forward during the first lap, passing more cars during the races than most other drivers. Based on this alone and considering the car he was driving back then, according to your logic he would be well ahead of the dominant car driving KR and FA.

Skills commonly translate into measurable successes - name one driver who became world champion without some vital skills to do so. You could argue that the opposite is true as well, there are some highly skilled drivers who never became champions. But they at least showed their brilliance in winning races - again, measurable successes.
Pair these measurable successes with the obvious raw speed (again measurable in fastest laps), driving skills, racing skills, glorious races from way back on the grid, fantastic mastery of rain conditions of MS and you have the greatest driver of all times. Don't like it? Jump back into the roo pouch down under :P:P

Remember this? This is what legends are made of. This is what separates the man from the boys like KR and FA.

The outstanding performance of the year did not result in a win. Schumacher drove the final two-thirds of the Spanish Grand Prix at Barcelona with his car stuck in fifth gear, and still managed to finish second behind his great rival, Damon Hill. "For me, it's something like a victory," the German said. It was a stunning achievement.
By bud
So youre saying getting a good launch on the grid or passing cars because youre lighter on lap one is all the skill involved in F1? :shock: im talking looking deeper into the goings on in how they get the speed, ie Fernando's unique aggressive turn in! And to add to the debate Kimis engineer said his best drive for a long time was not a win but a 5th this season at the Spain GP. Drivers good performances arent determined alone by the grid position. car performance limits that! a drivers success is determined 95% by his cars performance in F1! only a fool would claim other wise!

Ok by your logic Schumacher "the all time great" would have won in a minardi? He aint no Valentino Rossi who went from Honda to Yahmaha and still won, ok he went to Ferarri from Benneton but he brought the main ingredients from Benneton with him so basically was driving a Benetton badged Ferrari ;)

driving skills, racing skills, glorious races from way back on the grid, fantastic mastery of rain conditions of MS and you have the greatest driver of all times.

Sounds alot like Senna so how is Schumacher any different by these skills alone?

and on schumachers 5th gear race, No i dont but i do Remember when Senna won in Interlagos stuck in 5th i think. but didnt come runner up..... he won ;) see schumi was always a step Behind Senna in the skills department ;)

See our F1 related articles too!