FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Questions and answers about going to a race weekend
By Red Racer
Just wondering who is going to a race this year??

Im going to melbourne an got the fangio pack with is 4 seats so i can move around that weekend :)
By MILLARDSKI
I'm also going to Melbourne this year ~ can't wait!!!!!

I've pushed the baby's pram around Albert Park previously, but never been to the race before. Because of NON-F1 friends & family, I can only afford to be there for Grand Prix day, so am going for a General Enclosure ticket (NO GRANDSTAND).

# Can ANYONE tell me where's good to spectate from, if I'm not in a Grandstand?
# Is there any banking ~ what's the view going to be like ~ will there be space for a picnic chair?
# How early do I need to be at the circuit?
# Which entrance should I head for?
# If I get to Central Melbourne (travelling down from Bendigo for the day), what local transport is there up to Albert Park?
# Is there any other question I should be asking?

# Should I wear corks on my hat?

Every bit of advice gratefully received ~ THANKS IN ANTICIPATION!
By 8-ball
my poker games are steadily increasing my pot to go to the singapore grand prix and if i go it will be my first race! i wanted to go to silverstone last year but the prices are outrageous
By bud
I'm also going to Melbourne this year ~ can't wait!!!!!
# Can ANYONE tell me where's good to spectate from, if I'm not in a Grandstand?

In between turn 4 and 5 there is a hill where you can bring your picnic rug etc with a tv screen opposite its good viewing for General admission

# Is there any banking ~ what's the view going to be like ~ will there be space for a picnic chair?

Yeah there is ATMs there from memory or EFTPOS
# If I get to Central Melbourne (travelling down from Bendigo for the day), what local transport is there up to Albert Park?

Free Trams to the track. but hope you like confined spaces
# Should I wear corks on my hat?

:lol: no there isnt that many flys in Melbourne
By racechick
my poker games are steadily increasing my pot to go to the singapore grand prix and if i go it will be my first race! i wanted to go to silverstone last year but the prices are outrageous

They're not that bad if you get general entry. just under £100 for a 3 day ticket. It does go up significantly if you want a grandstand.

See our F1 related articles too!