FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Questions and answers about going to a race weekend
I worry that the private owners of this, won't make their money back on it. I think including what they had to pay Bernie, (i think we know him well enough that we are on a first name basis now), will put them over 400 million? Even if they spread the ticket sales over 10 years, that's like 350 or so a ticket? That's not figuring in what it'll cost for the mini amusement area they want, or v8/motogp either.

Be cool if nascar took a shot at this as one of their few road courses.
Well turn one just looks like a copy of the Senna S at interlargos :D

That's what I always thought about Turn 1 at Istanbul Park.

Istanbul Park was Herman Tikle's best of compilation track, released after designing 4 tracks. That's why it had to go!
Formula1.com has posted the USGP race weekend schedule:

http://www.formula1.com/races/in_detail ... tates_882/

1PM is pretty much what I figured. It'll be nice that time of year. Yesterday we had a beautiful 80 degree cloudless day that's more typical of November than January.

BTW, here's a photo I shot yesterday afternoon of a very busy Turn 10. You can also see the Turn 9 flag, and work on the Paddock/Pit Building off in the distance.

I worry that the private owners of this, won't make their money back on it. I think including what they had to pay Bernie, (i think we know him well enough that we are on a first name basis now), will put them over 400 million? Even if they spread the ticket sales over 10 years, that's like 350 or so a ticket? That's not figuring in what it'll cost for the mini amusement area they want, or v8/motogp either.

Why are you worried about someone else's money :confused: ?
Circuitoftheamericas.com is back up and running, and with it so is Ticket Reservation info. $100 per seat to reserve your place in line to buy "Select Seating" which seems to be limited to the Main Grandstand and suites, but it's really not clear after reading the FAQs posted.

I guess I'll reserve comment for now, but I have questions about other things I found unclear:

- Come March 1, if I've paid my deposit, can I purchase a seat for 1 year without getting a PSL, or is March 1 for PSL sales only?
- Also, does my $100 deposit apply to the ticket price?
- Before I buy a PSL, I need to know how long the USGP is secured to be held at COTA. Without that information, PSLs are a no-go for me and my family. Is that available?
- If I'm not interested in seating or suites on the main straight, but I do want tickets in other grandstand areas toward the back of the track, does the deposit apply to these?

I'll submit these and let you all know what I hear.
Circuitoftheamericas.com is back up and running, and with it so is Ticket Reservation info. $100 per seat to reserve your place in line to buy "Select Seating" which seems to be limited to the Main Grandstand and suites, but it's really not clear after reading the FAQs posted.

I guess I'll reserve comment for now, but I have questions about other things I found unclear:

- Come March 1, if I've paid my deposit, can I purchase a seat for 1 year without getting a PSL, or is March 1 for PSL sales only?
- Also, does my $100 deposit apply to the ticket price?
- Before I buy a PSL, I need to know how long the USGP is secured to be held at COTA. Without that information, PSLs are a no-go for me and my family. Is that available?
- If I'm not interested in seating or suites on the main straight, but I do want tickets in other grandstand areas toward the back of the track, does the deposit apply to these?

I'll submit these and let you all know what I hear.

Excellent update, mucho grassy bottom! :thumbup::D
Here's an ESPN article with more info:

[url="http://en.espnf1.com/usa/motorsport/story/68369.html"]http://en.espnf1.com/usa/motorsport/story/68369.html[/url]

From January 23 until February 13 fans can join the SSWL to be first in line to purchase a personal seat licence which will go on sale March 1, 2012. Personal seat licences will range in price from $1,000 to $5,000 per seat payable in two installments if desired, depending on proximity to the start/finish line and amenities. This licence entitles its holder to purchase tickets for all racing events at Circuit of The Americas for the next 15 years.

Select seating is focused on the main grandstand, which has approximately 9,000 seats in 26 rows. There is also expected to be high demand for the Turn 1 grandstand, which organisers claim features the clearest sightlines for the track's signature turn along with a view all the way to downtown Austin.

The area between Turns 15 and 16 is home to the track's Stadium Section grandstands. These seats will see the most up-close racing action and are located near the Grand Plaza, which features the highest concentration of food, beverage and merchandise amenities.
BTW, here's a photo I shot yesterday afternoon of a very busy Turn 10. You can also see the Turn 9 flag, and work on the Paddock/Pit Building off in the distance.

That bulldozer caught a little understeer and went off into the runoff area!

Why are you worried about someone else's money :confused: ?

Because if it goes under we don't have a USGP in texas?

See our F1 related articles too!