FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Celebrate over sixty years of F1 - your memories, experiences and opinions.
By madbrad
Well I'm too lazy. I looked around wiki for double dnfs for french teams after 1980 but not really too indepth. I can tell you AGS never led any race!
By GRHinPorts
Well I'm too lazy. I looked around wiki for double dnfs for french teams after 1980 but not really too indepth. I can tell you AGS never led any race!

Well maybe thats where you are going wrong :hehe:

To be honest having read some of your other posts I would be pretty confident that you were following the sport live when this race took place. Its not like it was yesterday but its what I would call in living memory.

So far everybodys focus has been too historic in fact. I would have thought people would have snapped this up. BIG HINT: I would especially have backed Andrew and Lew to have got it given one of their shared wierdo preferences :P
BIG HINT: I would especially have backed Andrew and Lew to have got it given one of their shared wierdo preferences :P

:hehe:

Please expand on this! I'm not sure what you mean... :)
By GRHinPorts
BIG HINT: I would especially have backed Andrew and Lew to have got it given one of their shared wierdo preferences :P

Please expand on this! I'm not sure what you mean... :)

Hey its a clue..Just think laterally :)
By madbrad
1997 Austrian Grand Prix

I must admit I just assumed that although I knew it was a French team, and did think of them at first, I just assumed a Prost could not have led a race at all, ever, so all this time I never looked up anything about that team. For some reason, I did just now. They actually had a few inspired drives at first.
In those days there wasn't as much of a clear line between the midpack and the back markers as we now have, with our current 3 newest teams which occupy the last 3 rows consistently.

I will come up with a question later as I am pretty busy, but if anyone beats me to doing that, that's fine.
By GRHinPorts
1997 Austrian Grand Prix

I must admit I just assumed that although I knew it was a French team, and did think of them at first, I just assumed a Prost could not have led a race at all, ever, so all this time I never looked up anything about that team. For some reason, I did just now. They actually had a few inspired drives at first.
In those days there wasn't as much of a clear line between the midpack and the back markers as we now have, with our current 3 newest teams which occupy the last 3 rows consistently.

I will come up with a question later as I am pretty busy, but if anyone beats me to doing that, that's fine.

Correct mb...Well done! :clap:

Jarno Trulli lead the first ever A1-ring race for the first 37 of the 71 laps. Then both he and his team mate (useless paydriver Shinji Nakano) blew there engines in succesive laps 51 and 52. Michael Schumacher ran as high as 3rd put passed Heinz-Harald Frentzen under yellow flags (claiming he didnt see them) and received a stop-go-penalty for this which ultimately meant he could only get to 6th place.

Andrew and Lew are always babbling on about the virtues of the A1-ring that I had to choose its first ever race when pressured to come up with a choice. I thought people might swallow it up rather easily but just goes to show.
Ahh dammit of course!!!!!!!!!! :banghead:

Can't believe that one slipped through my fingers :hehe:

Excellent question BTW!! Madbrad, your go! (When you've stopped being busy of course!) :thumbup:
By madbrad
Looking at the result sheets for Prost GP in Wiki gives one the answer in seconds, once you get around to looking. So you were right in that it should have been easy. I should have thought better of Prost when this question was first posed.
I'm never one to defend MS, but afterward they determined he could not have seen the flag from where he was until after passing his old Mercedes rival and the man whos girlfriend he stole, then married.

Name the F1 drivers who have received bravery awards from the British Empire.
By GRHinPorts
Looking at the result sheets for Prost GP in Wiki gives one the answer in seconds, once you get around to looking. So you were right in that it should have been easy. I should have thought better of Prost when this question was first posed.
I'm never one to defend MS, but afterward they determined he could not have seen the flag from where he was until after passing his old Mercedes rival and the man whos girlfriend he stole, then married.

Name the F1 drivers who have received bravery awards from the British Empire

Is it Mike Hailwood and David Purley for their actions in trying to save other drivers from burning cars in 1973?
By madbrad
A: Yes you are correct.
B: I just realized I was supposed to pose a "guess the race" question. I keep mentally interchanging this and the trivia thread.
C: I knew it was too easy. I purposely omitted the term "George Award" so as not to make it too easy. But it was till too easy.
D: I'm no good at making questions. Is it possible to answer questions without then having to make a question?
By madbrad
Hey you know what I just realized is a strange coincidence? Both Mike Hailwood and Clay Regazzoni(the man Mike saved) later left F1 due to injuries sustained in F1 races, and both later died in public traffic accidents.
By smokin
Hey you know what I just realized is a strange coincidence? Both Mike Hailwood and Clay Regazzoni(the man Mike saved) later left F1 due to injuries sustained in F1 races, and both later died in public traffic accidents.

That would have made a good trivia question! :)
Well you can tell the close season has started... WW3 is taking place in more than just one thread. So, let's re-occupy ourselves with our old friend of a thread.

Guess the race folks:

By andrew
WW3? Wouldn't call it that. WW3 would be less circular in nature. :hehe:

To answer your question, that's the 2002 Australian GP and the driver is Mark Webber finishing 5th out of the 8th finishers in the Minardi Aisatech.
WW3? Wouldn't call it that. WW3 would be less circular in nature. :hehe:

To answer your question, that's the 2002 Australian GP and the driver is Mark Webber finishing 5th out of the 8th finishers in the Minardi Aisatech.

Spot on mate!

Right, get a question fired onto the board and let's get this thread flowing again! :thumbup::drink:

See our F1 related articles too!