FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Questions and answers about going to a race weekend
well too early for me, i can hardly afford to wipe my bottom.

Had an amazing first grand prix ever sitting at becketts with RC this year,

for next year im either going to sit at some little cove in general admission near copse, beatiful spot, or sit at abbey, would love to sit there!
They've been on sale since the last Silverstone. I booked mine in July to get the early bird discount. When I booked the early birds had already sold for becketts. Im in village this time.Saved about £50 quid a ticket booking early. Got the last seats though-so top of the grandstand- but should be a good view from there across becketts.
That doesnt mean all that grandstand is sold out. They release them in blocks, but I imagine all the early birds have gone now.

PS. Just looked. There are some early birds left in the silver grandstands, but only £22.50 discount. Only brings it down to what a paid for Village A.
I cant see Stowe either. It may be they havent released those yet.
...i can hardly afford to wipe my bottom.

I thought you'd be on some sort of retainer for the RAF or have you not got that far yet? If you havn't already done so, you should apply for Jobseekers Allowance. The help is there and you'd be daft not to take it. There is not such a stigma attached to it these days given the range of people who are unemployed and you'll be able to afford a few rolls of Andrex, but seriously it'll be a bit of cash in your pocket. The info is here if you need it. Depending how much you're eligable for you should be able to save up by next year for a ticket, but it'll probably wipe out what you've saved.
...i can hardly afford to wipe my bottom.

I thought you'd be on some sort of retainer for the RAF or have you not got that far yet? If you havn't already done so, you should apply for Jobseekers Allowance. The help is there and you'd be daft not to take it. There is not such a stigma attached to it these days given the range of people who are unemployed and you'll be able to afford a few rolls of Andrex, but seriously it'll be a bit of cash in your pocket. The info is here if you need it. Depending how much you're eligable for you should be able to save up by next year for a ticket, but it'll probably wipe out what you've saved.

You sound like my mother!

Been on JSA for two months before they rendered me ineligible because id found work that gives me more then 16 hours per week, although im only working to pay for rent at the moment, yesterday i received my army medical back from the doctors and im sending it off today. I work at the moment for a removal firm in tottenham just working mainly one day a week from 6- 7, 13 hours, to pay for my rent and a little spending money for booze. Im just floating along until i know what the deal with the army is, whether they want me or not.

Its seriously getting f*cked up though, the army used to be a backout for anyone that didnt do well at school, now the manual labour jobs are all taken (whether its by foreigners or not i dont care) so you cant do those, so you think ooh ill join the army, oh no theyre cutting that and the RAF and the Navy, but building two new aircraft carriers.......

I dont know where our country is meant to be going with this, you wouldnt believe how poor the work ethic is with my generation, being 19 almost twenty.

Then people laugh and mock JSA users but live off their parents for even more money getting their new cars paid for them (and the repairs when the morons shunt it) then living rent free, working part time and quitting after a few weeks cause they dont like it.

Wheras i left Sixth form, immediately went to work with Lithuanians starting at half 5 in the morning in the winter morning rain dragging 5 stone wheelie bins full of dog sh*t around all day non stop. Did this for a year and i get all the stick, fancy that.

Anyway i dont want to rant any more lol, im not eligible for JSA cause im working dude. At least, im working 16 hour plus, spend most of my days doing guitar videos and checking this site, and waiting for the next GP weekend.
And I sound like my father! :yikes:

At least you've found work and have a good shot at the forces. I never thought I'd say it, but I miss working! I've lost out on a few jobs where, going by the feedback I've had, I've aced the interview but there is always someone with slightly more experience but I'm always going to be up against that.

JSA has a stigma and to be honest I was quite reticent about it but my Dad looked into it and sat down with me one weekend and we went through the online application with me. I sign on every fortnight and there are a wide range of people there - I've seen folk who appear to be total wasters (maybe nice enough but going on appearance and how all words run into one monotonus sentance) to others like me coming from a professional background. The stigma comes from those who don't know what they are talking about.

I agree with you about those that live off their parents and expect everything for free. I've always been told that help is there and I have no choice in taking it, but as long as I pull my weight. But it's those that expect everything for nothing that I have no time for. Heck, I'm nearly 28 and I still get food parcels if my folks have been into Asda and they come in past my flat, but they stop short of buying me a car and to be honest I wouldn't let them unless I could pay them back quickly. The same goes for tickets to the British GP (see how I got this back on-topic :wink: ).

Apologies for the off topic bit.
grand prix tickets to Job seekers allowance, takes a special forumner to manage that one.........

Nah i think id like to spend the next grand prix closer to the cars then this year, you wouldnt believe assuming youve never been how close you can get to the cars on some parts of the circuit, we got there at quarter past 7 on race day and we thought knowing how keen and nerdy us F1 fans are thatd be late, but we had more then enough time to shop around and look at things and the crowds were minimal.

On Hangar straight you can get unbelievably close to the cars, literally like feet away, but going to any sporting event is always a compromise, you see the cars closer and at higher speed then becketts but in becketts you dont have to jostle for position can see the cars for longer and in other parts of the track.

Therell be enough grand prixs there that i can do something different every year and no option will be a s*it option, but after the 300 odd quid it cost last time i think a 60 pound general admission next year is the right way to go.
Does anyone have any experience with the General Admission 3 day tickets?

This will be my first 1 weekend, so does anyone know much about the views you get? And are you able to get into the paddock and possibly meet drivers (Im doubting it)?

Also, would it be better to pay £155 for GA over 3 days or £135 for a Stowe grandstand seat at £135 for the race only?

Ta :)
Does anyone have any experience with the General Admission 3 day tickets?

This will be my first 1 weekend, so does anyone know much about the views you get? And are you able to get into the paddock and possibly meet drivers (Im doubting it)?

Also, would it be better to pay £155 for GA over 3 days or £135 for a Stowe grandstand seat at £135 for the race only?

Ta :)

Hello there and welcome to the forum! :wavey:

I attended the British Grand Prix this year with General Admission tickets... yes, it was all I could afford! But I was by no means disappointed.

You are not restricted to one spot, you are free to walk around. Some views are better than others. There's a nice place to stand at Stowe, but my favourite spot was Copse. Great views of the cars turning into the corner and racing on to the Becketts sweepers. I got to see Lewis Hamilton pull a pass on Fernando Alonso right in front of me there, and it was magic. :D

Your best bet (if you go with 2 or 3 days GA) is to spend the first day or two exploring the different parts of the circuit to find a favourite spot. You've got all the practices, qualifying and support races with which to go about this process. It's good fun, and keeps you fit! There's lots of walking involved!

General Admission does not include pit and paddock access (as far as I'm aware), and I'm not sure what the views from a grandstand at Stowe are like, but it is a long straight that could see some action... although last year, more action was at Copse. You can just never tell though.

Right, I'm done with my rambling! I hope my jumbly essay has been of some use. :thumbup:

I attended the British Grand Prix this year with General Admission tickets... yes, it was all I could afford! But I was by no means disappointed.

You are not restricted to one spot, you are free to walk around. Some views are better than others. There's a nice place to stand at Stowe, but my favourite spot was Copse. Great views of the cars turning into the corner and racing on to the Becketts sweepers. I got to see Lewis Hamilton pull a pass on Fernando Alonso right in front of me there, and it was magic. :D

Your best bet (if you go with 2 or 3 days GA) is to spend the first day or two exploring the different parts of the circuit to find a favourite spot. You've got all the practices, qualifying and support races with which to go about this process. It's good fun, and keeps you fit! There's lots of walking involved!

General Admission does not include pit and paddock access (as far as I'm aware), and I'm not sure what the views from a grandstand at Stowe are like, but it is a long straight that could see some action... although last year, more action was at Copse. You can just never tell though.

Right, I'm done with my rambling! I hope my jumbly essay has been of some use. :thumbup:

Thanks :) I shall spend a lot of time here I think! You answer was really helpful, thanks! It sounds excellent. General Admission seems the way to go! I'll have to find the best place to watch the race, and of course get there early :D
They may sell passes to the pits/paddock when we're all there? I can't find anything online which is a shame, I'd love to get a signature or two!

Thanks again

Thanks :) I shall spend a lot of time here I think! You answer was really helpful, thanks! It sounds excellent. General Admission seems the way to go! I'll have to find the best place to watch the race, and of course get there early :D
They may sell passes to the pits/paddock when we're all there? I can't find anything online which is a shame, I'd love to get a signature or two!

Thanks again

No probs my friend.

Yeah I'm not sure about pit / paddock access, so I can't offer advice on that part. But yeah, while the views from GA aren't as spectacular as, say the main grandstand, or some other high vantage points, I still had an incredible experience from I was situated. If you go with GA, definitely check out the corner at Copse. :)

Lew.
Thats close to my stand Maclan. I'll wave at you :hehe:
MY TICKETS ARRIVED TODAY!!!!!! That always notches up the Silverstone exciotement to a new level.

See our F1 related articles too!