FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Questions and answers about going to a race weekend
I'm a first time user of this forum and wondered if any of you could offer me any advice.

My husband is a GP fanatic but he's never been to see a live race. I am thinking about buying him tickets to go to Silverstone next year and as his birthday is a couple of weeks before the race I thought it would be a perfect present from all the family.

My first question is where would you advise sitting for a first time visitor to Silverstone? I prefer to have actual seats booked rather than having to fight for a place with the general tickets and was weighing up whether to go for an uncovered seat in the pit straight or a covered seat at the end of the straight (sorry forgotten the proper name).

Secondly, can any recommend a reputable online ticket agency? I've been scouring the web for the last few days and there are so many ticket agencies that I really don't know which one to go for. The prices vary so much and I'm always worried that after spending hundreds of pounds, at the end of the day the tickets wont ever turn up.

Thanks. Any advice you could give me would be fantastic. Obviously as I would really like it to be a surprise for my husband I can't speak to him about it and see where he would prefer to sit.
By racechick
Buy dirct from silverstone, you can google their adress. if you book online you can only choose your grandstand but if you book by phone (there is a small charge)you can pick your actual seat numbers. Pitlane is good but wherever you choose(excluding general entry), the ticket becomes roving for thursday and friday, meaning you can sit in any granstand. I buy the cheaper bridge enclosure but sit in the pit straight opposite the garages for quali and the Gp2 race on sat.
By whearnj
Thanks.

How much can you see from the pits straight seats? Are you able to see into the pit lane or are you too far away?
By racechick
You can see in if you sit higher up. You can see them wheeling the cars in and out of the garages but to really distinguish who is who ude need binoculars, you certainly can see the action tho, You can sort of see the top part of the cars but the pit wall screens the lower half.I;ll see if I can find a pic from last year.
By 7UpJordan
That reminds me, I need to get my tickets booked soon, I'm gonna go for the whole weekend and get a ticket for Stowe corner. Need to find somewhere to stay as well, is there a hotel at Silverstone?
By racechick
Camp! more fun. Otherwise you'll probably still end up having to drive.
By racechick
How do I get to put pictures on here?Ive shrunk them small but they wont paste on.(simple version of this please :? ) Actually even tho ive shrunk them tiny the file is still huge :?:?
By texasmr2
Your copy/pasting the [img] right? I copy/paste from my image hosting site Photobucket.
By racechick
My photos are stored on my computer. i can copy them to a word document and shrink them but they wont paste onto here. I think maybe i need different software cos theyre not shrinking properly :shock:
By texasmr2
Open a http://www.photobucket.com account, it's free, and then upload them from the computer. Once you have the pick's downloaded just copy the [IMG] link of the pic and paste it into your post. Try that and reply back if you have any more question's :wink: .

Gregg
By racechick
Thanks! I'll give that a whirl this eve :D
By 7UpJordan
Camp! more fun. Otherwise you'll probably still end up having to drive.

Can you camp at the circuit? Not on track of course. ;)
By racechick
Camp sites are all around the track but not run by Silverstone. I camp behind copse because its really near, you can see the grandstands fronm your tent, facilities are very basic on this site, its really just a farmers field , but its only for a couple of days.
By bud
you camp at the track? hehe
By Ferrari man 009
you camp outside then you go in the gates on qualy and race day . and if you want to put your opinions to the test . pleas could you tell me what your 10 favourite races between 1991 and 2007

cheers
sam

p.s. post is on forums f1 page 1

See our F1 related articles too!