FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Questions and answers about going to a race weekend
By albertz33
Hello Peeps,

A few of us are planning a group trip to the Hungarain GP next year, :cloud9: we have already booked hotel accomodation, but cant yet buy GP tickets, i can see the 2012 race calender on the F1 website, but it does not allow you to buy tickets just yet, does anyone know when 2012 tickets will be for sale? :confused:

Also has anyone been to the Hungarian GP in the past? and has any info it would be greatly appreciated, where do busses leave from? best seats in the hungaroring? must see / do in Budapest etc?

Any help would be great.
By brionella
:) Have been to Hungaroring for the last 2 years and it is fab, totally recommend it. We sat in grandstand gold 2 both times because you get all the atmosphere on the grid etc and you can look across at other parts of the track. Gold 4 at turn 1 would be a great place to watch from, always lots of action there. Ticket prices are cheap compared with other grand prix, we can't afford grandstands when we go to Spa!
By LewEngBridewell
Although I've never been, I believe that the Hungarian GP is a fantastic event to attend. The circuit is built into a natural valley, so the outer grandstands provide views over much of the rest of the circuit. Passing will be most prevalent at Turn 1.
By albertz33
Thanks guys, gold 4 looks good, if you have a gold 4 ticket does that mean you can go into other areas? i.e. other gold areas or silver?
By LewEngBridewell
Off to this next week! Cant wait! Anyone else from here going??

I wish I was :(

Take some pics and post 'em! :D
By LewEngBridewell
http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10151147931982195.504823.679857194&type=1

Very nice indeed! :thumbup: Some good shots there, and that sunlit cloud above the grandstand is spectacular! :thumbup:
By LRW
http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10151147931982195.504823.679857194&type=1

Very nice indeed! :thumbup: Some good shots there, and that sunlit cloud above the grandstand is spectacular! :thumbup:

Its an amazing photo...!
By albertz33
What a great way to spend a weekend, and the beer / food in Budapest was seriously cheap! It was bloody hot though! Not a classic race but enjoyable all the same, if you can,..go!
By LewEngBridewell
What a great way to spend a weekend, and the beer / food in Budapest was seriously cheap! It was bloody hot though! Not a classic race but enjoyable all the same, if you can,..go!

You can get good value Pinot Grigio there too. And I'll stop right there, before it reminds me of my "job on the side".
By What's Burning?
Great job with the pics, grid girls and all! I'd have hated being the guy stuck sitting behind the guy with the sombrero for the length of the GP. :hehe:
By albertz33
better than that was the redbull fan in nothing but a redbull hat and borat style green mankini,...he was pasty white at the beginning of the race and lobster red by the end!!..Brave though!

Loads of Finns there which surprised me.

See our F1 related articles too!