FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Formula One related discussion.
By bud
planetF1 article

1. How many times have engine or car failures put them out of a race?
Alonso - Hungary and Monza
Schumacher - Japan
Advantage Alonso - ten points clear despite double the problems

2. How many times have driving mistakes put either contender out of a race?
Alonso - None
Schumacher - Australian GP, Schumi overshot the final corner onto the start/finish straight and destroyed his car against the wall.
Advantage Alonso

3. How many races have they won?
Alonso 7
Schumacher 7
Score Draw

4. How many times have they made stupid comments to the press that undermine their team's morale?
Alonso - After Shanghai Alonso said his team weren't supporting him. It was a crass mistake.
Schumacher - None (and never)
Advantage Schumacher

5. How many times have their teams' made ridiculous protests in order to give their driver an advantage?
Alonso - None
Schumacher - The Monza decision to demote Alonso down the grid because Massa was slightly unsettled in the Parabolica curve in qualifying (only because he got close on the previous straight thanks to a tow from the Renault) will live on in F1 folklore as one of the most petty protests of all time.
Moral Advantage Alonso

6. What is the average gap to their team-mates?
How much better are they than their team-mates, the guys with the same equipment. Using only races where both the team-mates have finished (i.e. if only one team-mate finished a race it's not counted, i.e. for Renault, ignoring Bahrain, Hungary, and Italy and for Ferrari ignoring Australia, China and Japan)
Alonso is 28 seconds per race quicker than Fisichella
Schumacher is 18 seconds per race quicker than Massa*

*This does not include the Hungarian GP where Schumacher was 3 laps down and Massa, one lap down at the finish. Using the average lap time for this race to calculate the difference would distort the calculation against Michael. So we didn't
Advantage Alonso...? Well, it's an interesting statistic, but it could just be that Massa's a much better driver than Fisichella.

7. Who's leading on the aggregate time difference over the 17 races?
Discounting the races where one or other of them didn't finish, (two each which is nice and neat) and rounding the times up, Alonso is around 23 seconds ahead of Michael Schumacher on the road.
Including their two non-finishes, Alonso has come home before Schumacher 9 times. Schumacher has finished in front of Alonso 8 times.
Advantage Alonso

8. How many times have they tried to cheat their way to an advantage?
Alonso - None
Schumacher - Michael's Monaco parking stunt was as blatant as taking Villeneuve out at Jerez or Hill in Adelaide.
Advantage Alonso

9. Are the two drivers open and accessible to the media - and hence their fans?
Alonso - Will speak to all media crews and has done many one-on-one interviews with non-Spanish media throughout the season, both on the grid and before and after races.
Schumacher - Will only speak to German TV on the grid and mostly limits his interviews to the group interviews after races and qualifying
Advantage Alonso And we haven't even mentioned the lack of access to Ferrari mid-race team radio.

Score:
1. Alonso 5
2. Alonso 5
3. No score
4. Schumacher 5
5. Schumacher -2
6. No score
7. Alonso 5
8. Alonso 5
9. Alonso 5
Totals: Alonso 25 Schumacher 3
By logan
stats stats stats stats stats stats stats stats stats stats stats stats ........

Oh wait theses are not even official stats but just some insignificant points put forth by some overenthisiactic Alonso supporter....

BTW in my opinion there's nothing like a worthy champion ....anyone who makes it in the end as the champion no matter what proves he's worthy!!!!!!

If by any chance Alonso fails to make it and Shumi wins his 8'th Bud you can send this little article of yours to Alonso .....i hope he will be very much thrilled with hahahahaha...
By bud
Insignificant?? how so? what makes a stat more worthy? this article is showing not only stats but also morally who is the worthy champion! anyway dude i posted this up for people on here who were saying Alonso wouldnt be the worthy champion which is utter bullpoo!

by the way this aint my article ;) if you read the top line it say from planetF1 :lol:
By logan
Ya right when a Ferrai supports presents some facts those are just some stats whereas when the same is done by an Alonso supporter suddenly those anre'nt just stats ...but something much deeper. Comeon now stop being a baby..

And i would like to say it again ....no one gives a damm about the thing who's worthy and who's not.....All that matters it who wins it in the end.

and about
"by the way this aint my article if you read the top line it say from planetF1 "

pOtato / pAtato WHATEVER!!!!
By darwin dali
I never thought that Keke was a worthy champ when he clinched the title with one GP win.
By bud
yeah whatever and ever amen!! sausage!

it was written by a journo whos to say he is a alonso supporter he could be a f***ing redbull fan! all he did was write this article to give to those FERRARI f***s who claim Alonso isnt worthy... kinda to OPEN FERRARI SHEEPS f***ing EYES huh!
By darwin dali
yeah whatever and ever amen!! sausage!

it was written by a journo whos to say he is a alonso supporter he could be a f***ing redbull fan! all he did was write this article to give to those FERRARI f***s who claim Alonso isnt worthy... kinda to OPEN FERRARI SHEEPS f***ing EYES huh!

Very intelligent use of crude language, very mature of you bud! :roll:
By bud
when you talk to laymen, you got to speak laymen ;)
By logan
Did I make the BABY angry.....seriously am i talking to some 7 year old kid...
By Stephen
Oi, be good, can't believe i've had to turn on the word censoring. :)
By darwin dali
So, now we're 'ducking' around, eh? :mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:
duck and cover! :shock:
Can I have a hamburger instead of the sausage? :D
By bud
What else you got logan?
Last edited by bud on 18 Oct 06, 12:39, edited 2 times in total.
By Stephen
What else you got logan?

Behave Bud, or i'm going to have to chase you around the forum with the back of my slipper! :twisted: Not withstanding the fact that logan is probably a giant with a penchant for Aussie flesh! 8)
By darwin dali
Hey Shrubby, better duck and cover your sausage or you get ducked by logan, Stephen and the gay brotherhood :D

See our F1 related articles too!