FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Formula One related discussion.
With just one race left to end an era of the most complete driver in the F1. With most of the records under his belt now the time has come for him to give a final go at the thing which he loves the most...cant belive it's gonna end but as it is all good things have to end someday..
I just wonder how you all want to see Shumi retire from F1...

As a major Shumi fan i would always love him to finish with the 8'th WDC...wished the gap between Alonso and him comming in the last race wasent that big ..but that's how it is. Full marks to Alonso for his consistancy, he for sure is'nt a FLUKE champion.

Well talking about Shumi's final race ...i so dearly wish him to win the last one in style and hope for a Ferrari 1/2... He so truely deserves this last one..
And if they are able to atleast win the WCC it would be an almost perfect way to say goodbye..

how do u all want him to see him finish it.....do post your comments.
By Irv the Swerve
Giving that trademark leap on the top step of the podium and hearing the German and Italian anthems with the look of achievement on his face.
By logan
Giving that trademark leap on the top step of the podium and hearing the German and Italian anthems with the look of achievement on his face.
You just wrote my thoughts.....
BTW i like the "8 Times World Champion, hopefully" thing..i like that never say die thing...your so qualified as a true Shumi fan...congrats on that.
By darwin dali
Oh, stop the tear jerking :D

But I agree, it's gonna be tough w/o him. A win in Interlagos after that disaster in Japan would be nice. If the WCD comes Ferrari's way, it would be a nice bonus. If he even gets the WDC, my day will be made and I'll get totally plastered :mrgreen:
By Dazza
Well I do admire what he has achieved over the years with Ferrari.
He's been there 11 seasons now (since '96). He's already won 6 constructor's and 5 drivers championships with the team. That means whatever happens in Brazil, he'll have won at least 11 championships out of a possible 22 (50% over 11 years, not bad).

However, I must admit I was a bit surprised to hear him say he'd given up on this year's WDC. I'm still not sure what that was about. Didn't he always used to say that he never gave up until it was mathematically impossible? Well, since he has given up, but not on the constructor's, I would like to see Massa win his home race and Michael come second, that way they will have maximum points beyond which they can do nothing more.
By darwin dali
Not gonna happen (FM in front of MS) if there's a possibility that he gets the WDC (depending on where FA is).
By bud
crashing into massa first corner!
By Stephen
Is Alonso on a new engine for this race? One little problem and it's game on Schumacher. The way I don't want this season to end, is with a smug Alonso standing on the top step of the podium, alongside a 7 times world champion.
By bud
yes brand new D spec engine for Nando, Fisi will be getting a brand new E spec version.

Fisi will be Renaults spear head they just want Alonso to take it relatively easy!
By Irv the Swerve
I believe alonso has a new engine and ill make my prediction on alonso (since i got the Monza one right) that he will make a mistake while thinking about the title in his hands. Maybe. Just Maybe. :wink:
By Stephen
What's more likely to happen is that Alonso will get pegged by Schumacher, you'll see a McLaren in the mix, with Fisichella winning the race with an almighty beefed up Renault package. :(
By darwin dali
MS: pole and win with his 20k rev one-race-only engine (unless it goes kabloom).
FA: gets the jitters, shits in his pants at the corner of his 2003 accident, loses control and lands in the kitty litter.
FM: solid second.
GF: solid third.
The double for Ferrari!

Dreams are wonderful :D

See our F1 related articles too!