FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Formula One related discussion.
By Marco
After what's been a real ding-dong battle between Ferrari/Renault, Alonso/Schumacher, I feel that Brazil will be an anti-climax after Ferrari's miserable luck in Japan. I haven't spoken to many people who are happy that the Spaniard will likely pick up his second drivers WC this weekend, does anyone here believe he's a worthy champion?
By Stephen
Well Alonso is going to win, fair and square. Although I conceed that I would have rather seen Schumacher senior walk away with an eighth world championship, but there's always next year, oh there's not, erm, well he has seven world championships - anymore would be greedy! ;)
By expo
How is Brazil NOT going to be exciting??!?!?

MS has to win with FA retiring. We've seen Alonso retire a few times. it's possible. Maybe MS pay his baby brother to take alonso out at the first corner! Or maybe massa will do that.

Anything could happen. I very much doubt ferrari are going to give up that easily. MS has already said he wants a 1-2 finish for him and massa.

keep an eye on the weather too. It could rain and then you've got increased chance of retirement!
http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/5day.shtml?world=0307

Sounds pretty exciting to me.
By logan
I dont think Ferrari or any other team running a Ferrari enigne would do anything gauchy as it's been already been rumored in the news .No one would risk such a thing....The only way i think it's possible is if Alonso himself makes some blunder ...maybe it rains or a tyre puncture....engine failure seems a distant possibility..

One thing is almost for sure if Alonso finshes the race he's definatley going to get his 2'nd WDC. I just dont see him finishing the race in 9'th place..This is THE LEAST porbaility even lesser than his engine blowing up.

Talking about the Renault enigne blowing up or Alonso retiring due a spin on contrary there are heavy chances of him WINING the race itself ...not to forget the Renaults were very strong and the only competion comes from Ferrari...and if it rains we are very much aware how pathetic the Bridgestones are.
BTW anyone aware of the weather for the last race..
By darwin dali
Weather.com predicts as of now the following weather in Sao Paulo: AM clouds, PM Sun, 70 F, chance for precip. 10%.

FA won't win the race - very unlikely as they will tune down his engine to make it bullet proof. Maybe GF is to storm ahead to try to win. They could risk him dnf-ing with FA still getting 3rd or so, this would indeed require a 1-2 finish for Ferrari in order to clinch the WCC.
By Dazza
Ferrari still have a chance to win the constructors as others have mentioned. Perhaps the McLarens and/ or Hondas could actually help Ferrari by squeezing ahead of the Renaults.
By Irv the Swerve
Very true, because RB wants to really win at his homeland and even though i want MS to win I think Rubens might do it this year.
By darwin dali
His track record at home is really, REALLY bad, so I doubt it.
By bud
Anti Climatic en? thats more of a point of view, you wouldnt happen to go for Ferrari would you Marco... quite an Italian name there :P

and why isnt Alonso a worthy champion? this really peeves me all season he has done his job with powers at be interferring ok he lost his cool with some bagging of his team after they stuffed up 2wice this year in pit stops that cost 2 wins but thats nothing compared to schumacher monaco BS.
its funny how people let that go by without a fuss but when a guy shows some hot headed emotion to the press all the sudden he is the one not the cheat who is not worthy!
funny olde world isnt it !!!

PS you talk of Ferrarí's miserable luck in japan well Renault had miserable luck in Monza if Nando finished that race the WDC would already be confirmed!
By expo
Personally I'm hoping Alonso DOES win the race and the championship. It seems popularity has swung back in favour of MS recently after FA's rather out of character quotes and MS's announcement that he will retire.

Stick to ya guns i say! Both are deserving drivers, both have the ability to win races and championships. It aint over till the fat lady waves the chequered flag!
By expo
crikey.

:shock:

See our F1 related articles too!