FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Questions and answers about going to a race weekend
I was told a week ago i would have my tickets then I was told the circuit didnt have them ready but on Wednesday they would be ready know its thursday and i am told something flew down there to fix it and i could give her a call but no one answers the cell and have tried all day. Big suprise . well hope they come through as there is no tickets left and if not will have to report them and go after my refund.

Fingers crossed for you, my friend.

If it all screws up, don't rest until that company are well and truly reported.
What to do is look at the Sale of Goods Act and establish who you have a contract with () from what you've said so far I would imagine that this is the resellerand create merry hell.

I would imagine that this would be with the reseller as you paid them a sum of money in good faith (that's the key phrase there) to receive something in return. Obviously this has happened and I believe that they are in breach of the Sale of Goods Act. Unless they give you a refund or the tickets for this race then they are creating a rod for their own back. That's the theory but you should check all the terms and conditions of the contract with the reseller to make sure they don't have any get out of jail free cards. If they don't I would start off by telling them they are in breach of the SoG's Act, that usuallly gets a result.

If you try to contact them you are best to do it in writting, even if it is following up a phone call with an e-mail, thus leaving a paper trail and making it very hard for them to say you never complained, should it come to that.

But to be honest, this company does seem a bit fly by night. I wouldn't be surprised if their Facebook page disappears in the near future, but definately try and do as I have said above. Other than this I can't think of anything else you can do other than take it as a lesson learned for the next time you buy tickets.

Keep us posted. Hope it all works out for you.
I really feel for you. How awful! I hope they are just incompetent and not outright tricksters! Do let us know what happens. When do you go to Monza?
This exact same thing happened to me and some mates for the Oxegen Musical Festival in 2005. We were told the reseller would meet us at the venue with the tickets, but no one showed up. We got lucky though as we found tickets from another source, and could still claim a refund, and no harm was done. So i empathise here and know how damn frustrating it is.

If worst comes to worst and you get screwed do not let it rest, go to small claims and get comp from them on top of your refund.

I have my fingers crossed for you. However i hate to be a pessimistic bringer of bad news, but expect the worst here. :(

See our F1 related articles too!