FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Questions and answers about going to a race weekend
Tell me if you have been, what year?, what gp was it?

I have not been to any, but going to book the singapore gp, this year (2011)
Last edited by phonedog on 16 Jul 11, 23:32, edited 1 time in total.
Despite watching F1 for a fair few years, my first attendance at a Grand Prix was this year's British GP at Silverstone. And a fine race it was too (although maybe not for the team which I was cheering on.... ) :rolleyes:
Despite watching F1 for a fair few years, my first attendance at a Grand Prix was this year's British GP at Silverstone. And a fine race it was too (although maybe not for the team which I was cheering on.... ) :rolleyes:

Nice, well i am saving money to book the Singapore GP :), £685 for pit granstand, quite alot but worth going there...i can't wait
Last edited by phonedog on 16 Jul 11, 23:29, edited 1 time in total.

Nice, well i am saving money to book the Singapore GP :)

Good choice of Grand Prix. Hope you enjoy it. :)

yep i hope i do :) i am going to book The pit grandstand place for £685 :):D and i'm staying in a hotel (obviously)

yep i hope i do :) i am going to book The pit grandstand place for £685 :):D and i'm staying in a hotel (obviously)

Excellent place to watch the race. Expensive though, being the grandstand it is! Not something I could afford at the moment! :eek:
Like you looking at going to the Singapore GP.Should be next season :hehe:
Only done the British GP thus far.1989,1990,1991,1992,1993,2008.
Like I said on another thread i reckon I could do the Hungarian GP including a hotel and flights cheaper than going to the rip off British GP. :bs:
Went to the Turkish GP this year, just as well as its now been dropped! What an experience, im going to make a point of doing that every year ( next year Hungaroring ), wonder when is the earliest you can buy tickets??
lost count of Australian GPs ive been to, but Went to Spa in 09. awesome place.

You are lucky it was an awesome race!

I have been to Turkish GP this year.It was such great,one of my memories i will always remember.
Silverstone 04,05,06

Going to Spa this year, anyone been before and got suggestions of things to do while there both away from and at the circuit? Anyone else from here going?
1985-1995 adelaide gp
1994 suzuka gp
1996-2003 melbourne gp
1998 silverstone gp
2006 melbourne gp
2009 melbourne gp
2011 melbourne gp

been to a few the last 2 adelaide gps were shithouse
The Singapore GP is a great spectator grandprix, not the most exciting racing, but the best one to actually attend and experience live. Very well orgnaised, plenty of entertainement and other distraction at close quarters during the whole day and night. Your really close to the cars. I am going back for the second time this year.
For actually viewing the race, the Pit Grandstand is one of the worst, cars go by fast and and your too close. Avoid the lower rows at Pit GS - go as high as you can. Of course you get to see the preparations for the start and the pit gargaes, so that may make up for it. Get your tickets from the Sing F1 Gp website direct - you can choose which block you want - A13 is the start line, A5 is the finish and closer to the top pit (Red Bull) garage. Or better still phone like I did and pretty much get to choose your seat (I always try and get an aisle seat)
I try to attended 2 GP's a year if I can Silverstone and 1 other.

See our F1 related articles too!