FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Questions and answers about going to a race weekend
I bought tickets for the Belgium Grand Prix for Sunday only and the tickets arrived today with three tickets, each marked Friday, Saturday and Sunday. I know it seems obvious that there are three tickets however my email confirmation does suggest I only purchased for the Sunday. I dont want to pass on the other tickets if they are proper entry tickets but also dont want to not have them should they somehow be required for entrance on Sunday. I am aware this sounds really stupid but it's my first Grand Prix and a surprise for my husband and I want it all to go smoothly. Please provide me advice!! Should I only have a ticket for Sunday?! Urgent answers please as am in a tizz!
If you bought grand stand seats then I would assume they are your seats for the entire grand prix, if you bought general admission tickets for Sunday only then it sounds like they sent you a freebie.
If you bought grand stand seats then I would assume they are your seats for the entire grand prix, if you bought general admission tickets for Sunday only then it sounds like they sent you a freebie.

Just to be sure (!) would I definitely only need the one set of tickets marked Sunday as we have Gold 8 tickets? I know someone who would gladly take the other days as I have only booked travel and accommodation for the one day. I really dont want to get this wrong! thanks for reply :)
I went to Belgium GP in 2009 and also had a ticket for each day. I had General Admission tickets though but once you use the ticket marked Friday, it is of no use any longer. So if you only plan on going Sunday then the ones marked Friday and Saturday are useless.
I went to Belgium GP in 2009 and also had a ticket for each day. I had General Admission tickets though but once you use the ticket marked Friday, it is of no use any longer. So if you only plan on going Sunday then the ones marked Friday and Saturday are useless.

But could someone else use them on Fri and Sat and we just use the Sun ones? I know I am prob being slow here sorry
Are the tickets identical to the Sunday ticket? Are they for the same type of access? For the same grand stand or are they for something else like General admission?

It's also possible that you bought something more than what you through you bought in the package. It's not likely you'd get free tickets but if you did, then the Friday and Saturday tickets are just as useable by anyone else for those days.
Are the tickets identical to the Sunday ticket? Are they for the same type of access? For the same grand stand or are they for something else like General admission?

It's also possible that you bought something more than what you through you bought in the package. It's not likely you'd get free tickets but if you did, then the Friday and Saturday tickets are just as useable by anyone else for those days.

They are all exactly the same for Gold 8 seats
If theyre like the silverstone tickets, they rip a bit off each day, and the bit says fri, sat or sun. If you dont have the whole ticket, it may not work. IE there's a ticket, with the days ripoffable by the man at the gate. Does this make any sense?
ripoffable

I know fag and lift and bonnet and all sorts of other Brit words that don't translate well to American. :yes:

But "ripoffable" ? :yikes:
ripoffable

I know fag and lift and bonnet and all sorts of other Brit words that don't translate well to American. :yes:

It's ok, being Scottish I am expert at the ruination of the English language (it's our revenge for teh Highland clearences). :hehe:

Ripoffable - something that can be ripped off. For example, if I sold a 50 pence bag of crisps to someone from£2, I would have ripped them off.

Here endeth the English lesson for today. :D
If theyre like the silverstone tickets, they rip a bit off each day, and the bit says fri, sat or sun. If you dont have the whole ticket, it may not work. IE there's a ticket, with the days ripoffable by the man at the gate. Does this make any sense?

They aren't like that, it's a whole ticket for each day.
ripoffable

It's ok, being Scottish I am expert at the ruination of the English language (it's our revenge for teh Highland clearences). :hehe:

Ripoffable - something that can be ripped off. For example, if I sold a 50 pence bag of crisps to someone from£2, I would have ripped them off.

Here endeth the English lesson for today. :D

Thats not the ripoffable I meant. Good example of that ripoffable though.
I meant it literally. My grandstand ticket for three days at Silverstone was one ticket with little tear off strips on the end. one said friday, one said saturday and then the main ticket bit has sunday on it. As you go in, the man at the gate tears off the bit rlevant to that particular day. With these tickets the only way you could let someone else use them on fri/sat is if they physically gave the ticket back afterwards. Also you need the main part of the ticket to get in and out of your grandstand. Its been like this for some time at Silversone but may be different at other tracks.

See our F1 related articles too!