FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Questions and answers about going to a race weekend
By happyhammer
Bit of a long shop but I have been given two tickets for grandstand seating and am trying to sort parking, Does anyone have a ticket for park and ride for sixfields stadium they don't require. Alternatively am looking at parking at one of the schools in silverstone anyone have any experinces of this?
By G_MAN
I'm heading back to Silverstone this year with my brother having missed out last year. We've got a couple of three day general admission tickets with camping at Woodlands with the hope that a mate of mine who works for Mclaren will be able to get us a couple of paddock passes at some stage over the weekend. Has anyone got any experience of the campsite at Woodlands? I've heard it can be quite lively which i certainly don't mind. If it is, it'll be in complete contrast to the last place i stayed at which didn't really have any atmosphere at all.

<Moved Topic> WB
By Robert12010
not long to go now!, just over 2 weeks till one of the best races on the calendar, now hopefully bernie will leave it alone!
By LewEngBridewell
not long to go now!, just over 2 weeks till one of the best races on the calendar, now hopefully bernie will leave it alone!

:clap::clap::clap::drink::drink::drink:

Looking forward to it :)
By FRAFPDD
MY FIRST GRAND PRIX IN LESS THEN TWENTY DAYS :cloud9::cloud9::cloud9::cloud9:

Still gotta find out how this M1 park and ride thing works though.
By racechick
Hey Fraff I was in the Beckets Granstand couple of weeks ago watching the motoGP. ONLY TWO WEEKS TO GO!!! It suddenly seems to have come quickly, not planned my partyfood yet....better start :) cant wait. Cant wait.
By What's Burning?
not planned my partyfood yet....better start :) cant wait. Cant wait.

I'd eat the leftovers mon petite chou epicurean princess.
By FRAFPDD
Hey Fraff I was in the Beckets Granstand couple of weeks ago watching the motoGP. ONLY TWO WEEKS TO GO!!! It suddenly seems to have come quickly, not planned my partyfood yet....better start :) cant wait. Cant wait.

partyfood, goodness we havent even thought of that........

Im planning on getting a portable battery pack for my ipod so i can film the parade, start and finishing laps to cherish forever! :cloud9:

and ive got a radio app on my phone, will this mean i can get either 5live or radio silverstone coverage?
By racechick

Im planning on getting a portable battery pack for my ipod so i can film the parade, start and finishing laps to cherish forever! :cloud9:

and ive got a radio app on my phone, will this mean i can get either 5live or radio silverstone coverage?

Yes you need the radio app. Its silverstone radio. i used it at the moto it was good. ( i usually take a digital radio but it was lost-the phone was better anyway). i used to videp everything but you miss too much doing that, Enjoy!!! and come agen next year :D
You need good food cos you're sat there all day and the food in circuit is ok but not great. The real party stuff will be on the campsite in the evening..the barbie. But a high class picnic I think with a nicely chilled Sauvignon blanc or maybe champers would go down well with quali. Quali i think I'll watch from the new pitstraight grandstand. Hmmm bring it on!!
By Hammer278

Make better use of the pack and throw it at Vettel's car when it passes by. :hehe:
Hi everybody!

This will be my fourth visit to Silverstone (previous visits - 2000, 2001 & 2010), and I have always stood on the embankment at Club Corner.
This year I will not be able to do this due to the new pits/grandstand.
As I have a General admission ticket, where will be the best place for me to stand this year?

Many thanks,

David
I've watched in general entry from Copse and from Beckets. Im in Beckets Grandstand this year but last year the general entry looked good from there. Copse used to be the first corner, it isnt anymore but should still be a good corner and worth watching from.It depends somewhat on which direction ule enter the track from...if ure rushing to get s good place.
By Petal
This is my first race visit to Silverstone. Can any one give me advice or tips on:
where to stand
what you can do
what you can see (other than the race obvs!)
what time you should be there
how best to get there

and anything else you can think of. Thanks!
By What's Burning?
This is my first race visit to Silverstone. Can any one give me advice or tips on:
where to stand
what you can do
what you can see (other than the race obvs!)
what time you should be there
how best to get there

and anything else you can think of. Thanks!

Hey Petal, congrats, lucky you going to see it live! I know a few of our members are going as well. The thread is seven page long now, and I don't know if you read through it before posting some of your questions but I know I've seen the answers to some of them already here. If you plan on sticking around, give yourself an introduction in the intro thread.

See our F1 related articles too!