FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Celebrate over sixty years of F1 - your memories, experiences and opinions.
By Smokestoomuch
Thanks bub.

What have I said that's out of order.

Splitz has asked a question and I've given him as information to help him understand. I've then asked him why he can be so certain about an issue that no one else, fan or professional, understands or (with the exception of Ferrari personnel) thinks is justified.

Splitz then responds that he doesn't know much about F1 and is trying to learn, and I respond that he in that case he may be better off asking questions about things he doesn't understand rather than making definitive statements he can't support.

As he has admitted to having a limited knowledge about the sport his support for Schumacher can only be based on Michael's success rather than any appreciation of his driving style (which he is unable to evaluate) - although I suppose it may be his keen fashion sense - that's not a personal attack, unlike Splitz's own responses to other posters..

If someone makes a statement they should be able to support it or expect to be questioned. If the forum administrator frowns on the questioning of statements what exactly is supposed to go on on the forum?
By Marco
Thanks bub.

What have I said that's out of order.

Splitz has asked a question and I've given him as information to help him understand. I've then asked him why he can be so certain about an issue that no one else, fan or professional, understands or (with the exception of Ferrari personnel) thinks is justified.

Splitz then responds that he doesn't know much about F1 and is trying to learn, and I respond that he in that case he may be better off asking questions about things he doesn't understand rather than making definitive statements he can't support.

As he has admitted to having a limited knowledge about the sport his support for Schumacher can only be based on Michael's success rather than any appreciation of his driving style (which he is unable to evaluate) - although I suppose it may be his keen fashion sense - that's not a personal attack, unlike Splitz's own responses to other posters..

If someone makes a statement they should be able to support it or expect to be questioned. If the forum administrator frowns on the questioning of statements what exactly is supposed to go on on the forum?

Whilst I agree with your argument STM, your post toward Spitz was overly negative in it's tone, and I certainly wouldn't want to be on the end of it (whether you meant it to sound like that i dont know). I would imagine admin is trying to encourage a forum of well mannered debate, not a place where people are afraid of posting due to personal attacks. I don't want to step on any toes here, you and Spitz have your strengths, can we just all forget about the tussle here and get on debating and learning about our favourite sport. :)
By Irv the Swerve
Yeah Marco your right, lets everybody start fresh, a new start. :)
By bud
But since its safer in f1 and a1 cars have almost the same power as a f1 car how come they wont use the grooved tyre safety wise.

F1 cars have superior down force and aero efficiency thats where their speed comes from! By making them drive on grooved tyres it takes away grip and slows them down just abit. A1 doesn’t have the same downforce as an F1 car so corner speeds are a lot slower already as it is with their slicks tyres. engine power isnt in the equation.

Look at it this way in A1 what is faster slicks or wets on a dry track? Wets are grooved tyres but their grooves are designed to cut through water and expel it out through the sides of the tyres. Slicks have a greater contact patch meaning more grip meaning faster times ;) capeesh
By 7UpJordan
Screw these grooved tyres, roll on 2008 when it's back to slicks and wider cars! 8)

See our F1 related articles too!