FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Questions and answers about going to a race weekend
By jimhughes23
Hi

im a big mclaren fan, and i have been to 4 races, and im aware drivers do autograph sessions. however i always seem to miss them.

i have no idea when these sessions are or how i get access! this year im of to silverstone and germany. does anyone have any idea how i can go to a signing? are the open to members of the public, or do you have to be invited by a team or something.

your help or answers would be really appreciated!

thanks

Jim
By brazuka
hey Jim,
I've only been to one GP, Abu Dhabi, but over there they had fliers posted all over that mentioned when the signings were and location. It wouldn't say which team was doing it in the fliers, but when you got to the location about 1 hour before the event they would put a sign or something telling you who was going to be there. I only got 3, Vetel's (Webber left early) Bruno Senna and Klien. Almost got Kobayashi but they stopped the line with only 2 people ahead of me :banghead:
Good luck next GP
By vlad
Damn, you have Vettel's? If you only could reach Kobayashi, you would be a dead man now. :wink::hehe::wavey:
By brazuka
yup!
I said it was karma that Webber didn't win and Vettel did, because Webber left us (the fans) in the rain early while Vettel signed as many as possible.
He signed a hat for me :D
and I tried jumping the rope to get Kobayashi but they have some pretty big guys blocking your way
By vlad
As I said, you don't know how lucky you are! :hehe:
By elfinitty
You guys are lucky!I waited there but got nothing :banghead: however took some photos.There must be an information desk at the entering.Why not asking them? :)
By brazuka
hehehe :D i guess I am lucky then, nothing wrong with that.

Gonna see how lucky I really am next year if they actually have an USA GP, since I live not TOO far away.
By racechick
Guys its not worth the waiting!! you miss so much else thats going on in a race weekend.
By Irv the Swerve
I'll be watching out for some autograph sessions, might even buy a merc cap and fire it into Schueys garage...hopefully he'll pick it up and sign it! :P:wink:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

See our F1 related articles too!