FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Questions and answers about going to a race weekend
By FirstShirt
I am currently working in Korea and am making plans to attend this years Korean Grand Prix. Can anyone give me advice on where to sit, where to stay, etc. I've tried google, but really not much info out there as last year was the first race (and last minute at that!). Thanks in advance for the help!
By F1jambo
I am currently considering going to my first F1 GP, in korea. So any info will be handy for me too. Im considering taking a flight from Australia to korea for a few weeks. Would love to see my first grand prix to be in Korea. :D
I have never been before, so this is the best I can offer;

If you like all the atmosphere for the hustle and bustle building up to the intense start of a race, then the main grandstand on the start-finish straight will be best.

However, for overtaking, I'd suggest Turns 3 and 4. With Turn 3, circuit designer Hermann Tilke wanted a place where overtaking was likely rather than just possible, and thus created one of F1's longest straights into one of its tightest corners. The straight is entered via a slow corner, so the chance of gaining a slip-stream and tow to gather speed is even better. Furthermore, it will most certainly be a DRS zone.

If a driver gets Turn 3 wrong, it wrecks his speed down the straight into the tight Turn 4, so it's a make or break corner.

I hope you enjoy the race. Last year's was a cracker. 8-)

See our F1 related articles too!