FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Formula One related discussion.
By Selcouth_Feline
The F1 rebels - Toyota, Honda, Renault, McLaren and Sauber - have been told if they don't commit to the sport post-2007 they may not be guaranteed a spot as one of the 12 racing teams, particularly as costs are apparently going to be "slashed" to allow for more teams to apply.

It will be interested to see how dedicated these teams are to their breakaway league....
By Freddie
Yeah, but what is Max and Bernie going to do with 7 teams ? It's their move - they have to come up with something during this an next year to make the 'rebels' want to stay in F1
By Selcouth_Feline
I think they are reducing the costs (entry fees??) so they are hoping more people will want to enter therefore it doesn't matter if the so-called "rebels" haven't entered.

I guess this falls neatly into the whole relegation/promotion thing too....
By Karen S
Well with Bernie thinking one day we might see Team Scummi... and with Gerhard Berger getting involved - has said he would like to maybe have his own team...who knows..
Renault have a team..., Toyota team BMW have a team - COULD we possibly see team Mercedes?...

If costs are put down - then I think we might see a few manufacturers/ ex drivers considering things
By Selcouth_Feline
Eddie Jordan seems to think Schumacher might form a team with Audi/VW when he retires....

See our F1 related articles too!