FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Questions and answers about going to a race weekend
Phht, earplugs are for wimps!

yeah! i didnt wear them and wow what a sound! :cloud9:

You'll pay for it in later life... I'd recommended ear plugs for everyone, but especially for children!

If your out down the hanger or something i wouldn't bother with them.But the old start finish line going through the grandstands was very loud indeed.

il be in maggots/becketts/chapel, might drift on down to the hangar straight this year, and my tickets arrived too! :cloud9: got to go for the whole weekend next year

You've got your tickets already??? mine are for becketts and havent arrived :(

when did you order yours?, because bear in mind i ordered mine last july

About October time. Ive got my motoGP ones but not my F1 ones. Panicing now in case ive ordered them wrong cos they're not just for me but two other people :yikes: But thy dont usually come tis early.

Its probably just a case of they're sending them out in batches.Your postcode/area they haven't got round to yet :hehe: I wouldn't worry worst case scenario you could pick them up at the gate.
As to the ear plugs issue, you definatley need them, that tickling feeling in your ear drums is not a good sign for your hearing, especially when those Lotus's go by, damn! they are loud!

Ive only ever needed them first year i went, on abbey straight right near the wire. Everywhere else ive been they've not been needed. (course I didnt have them the first year and having bought those big indusrial ones have never used them) If you're worried, they give them away free when you enter the track...the little in yourv ear sort...tha dont really work for loud noises :hehe:

You'll pay for it in later life... I'd recommended ear plugs for everyone, but especially for children!

If your out down the hanger or something i wouldn't bother with them.But the old start finish line going through the grandstands was very loud indeed.

il be in maggots/becketts/chapel, might drift on down to the hangar straight this year, and my tickets arrived too! :cloud9: got to go for the whole weekend next year

About October time. Ive got my motoGP ones but not my F1 ones. Panicing now in case ive ordered them wrong cos they're not just for me but two other people :yikes: But thy dont usually come tis early.

Its probably just a case of they're sending them out in batches.Your postcode/area they haven't got round to yet :hehe: I wouldn't worry worst case scenario you could pick them up at the gate.

Picking them up at the gate would be far too stressful! I'll give them a week or two then phone.

Picking them up at the gate would be far too stressful! I'll give them a week or two then phone.

good idea
Woooooohhhooooooooooo!!!

Tickets arrived last Thursday, GET IN!!!:D

7 weeks to go I believe, the count down begins!

We have Woodlands camping included in the purchase, (Family camping as I didn't think SWMBO would be too impressed with zero sleep), does anyone have any experience of the "Family Camping" at Woodlands?

We have tickets for Luffield for all three days, i am just wondering if there are any affordable extras I could stretch to to make it a really memorable anniversary, any suggestions F1 peeps? :)

I think we will be travelling down on the Thursday and setting up camp, I understand the site is open from the Wednesday for the really keen!

Cheers
Si
1. MY TICKETS HAVE NOT ARRIVED, IS THIS NORMAL?!

2. M1 PARK AND RIDE, WE'VE DONE IT, WTF IS IT.
My tickets came today!!!! :):):):):):):)
They are works of art!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Whoo hoo. Silverstone, bring it on!!!! Best weekend of the year.
Ive never been, im a grand prix virgin!

Does anyone actually know how the park and ride M1 works btw, it seems im the only person of 100,000 thats doing it!

Does anyone actually know how the park and ride M1 works btw, it seems im the only person of 100,000 thats doing it!

A park a ride system in the UK! I haven't been this excited in weeks :hehe:

Sorry, long day, anyway I guess you drive to the car park, and they'll be a bus or something to take you to the grandprix. Would be cool if it was a tram or train, but in the UK probably a bus.

Price should also be inclusive- i.e. the cost of the car park also covers the bus ride there and back, well it should be. Kick up a fuss if it isn't.

A park a ride system in the UK! I haven't been this excited in weeks :hehe:

Sorry, long day, anyway I guess you drive to the car park, and they'll be a bus or something to take you to the grandprix. Would be cool if it was a tram or train, but in the UK probably a bus.

Price should also be inclusive- i.e. the cost of the car park also covers the bus ride there and back, well it should be. Kick up a fuss if it isn't.

Yeah we park on the M1 and get a bus to and from the GP, it just says eff all about times and exactly where, the M1 is a long road..... and it was like 5 quid extra, or 20, one of the two, but it werent a lot.
It will be a bus. No trains go into Silverstone. Park up and get on the bus. Me..Im parking just behind Copse corner :D

edit. You not camping then Fraff?

See our F1 related articles too!