FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Celebrate over sixty years of F1 - your memories, experiences and opinions.
Oddly enough, this has only sprung into my mind right now. If I remember rightly, the first penalty for speeding in the pits was dished out to Erik Comas driving for Larrousse in the 1994 Canadian GP, and a neat little TV graphic come up showing red and green lights saying he's got a stop-go.
By texasmr2
Hmmm could be now I have a decision to make? To rewatch the race for verification I will have to climb over a huge pile of rubbish, while performing an amazing act of balance and grace mind you :wink::lol: , just to get to my storage locker! Or I can take your word for it !

I think I'll play it safe and take your word for it :lol::lol: !
By darwin dali
No, no, no, noooo! Gregg, you won't get out of this that easy: put it up on You Tube and post the link here. Just the crucial moments :D
By texasmr2
No, no, no, noooo! Gregg, you won't get out of this that easy: put it up on You Tube and post the link here. Just the crucial moments :D

Well it's 40 degree's and raining here so can I ATLEAST get a 24hr 'parole'? My bone's are a aching and my joint's, NO not JOINT :lol:, are stiff not to mention my friend Mr. Vodka stopped by so I'm alittle :D and :? !
By darwin dali
Alright, alright! Spare us with your cheap excuses - tomorrow then... :D
By madbrad
so does that mean we know for sure thet 1994 was the first year of the pitlane speed limit? Same year refuelling began?
By darwin dali
Gregg, 24hrs are up - your parole officer is knocking at your door!
By texasmr2
Gregg say's from inside "Nobody's home" :D ! If you knew the state of disrepair our garage is in I will need atleast another 48hr furlow please?
By darwin dali
Are you haggling with your parole officer? Unbelievable! Tz tz tz!
By 7UpJordan
so does that mean we know for sure thet 1994 was the first year of the pitlane speed limit? Same year refuelling began?

Pitlane speed limit was introduced at the 1994 Monaco GP, one of the many new regulations brought in after the tragic events at Imola that year. Alboreto's wheel falling off and knocking over Lotus mechanics was the motive behind the pitlane speed limit being introduced.

See our F1 related articles too!